Cannot add site to Trusted sites.

Discussion in 'Windows XP Internet Explorer' started by Guest, Mar 30, 2006.

    Hi,

    If I open my “Internet propertiesâ€, under the security tab, I don’t see any
    of my previously listed trusted sites.

    If I try add a site again, I get a “The site you specified already exists in
    another zone. Please remove the site from that zone before adding it to the
    current zone†error.

    The site DOES NOT exist in any other zones. In fact, they are all empty!

    I’ve searched the registry for the site (in this case “http://testserverâ€)
    and not come up with anything. I’ve tried searching on Google and mailed
    Microsoft, but to no avail.

    I need this site as a trusted site in order to connect my MS Project to the
    Project server.

    I am stumped.

    The important parts:
    - WindowsXP: Windows Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 :
    Service Pack 2)
    - Internet Explorer Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

    Anyone, with absolutely any ideas, will be of help. I don’t know what to do.

    Any ideas?

    Guest, Mar 30, 2006

    I have a really similar problem and was also looking for some help. I added a
    site to the restricted zone but I didn't want to keep it there, and now that
    I want it back on the internet zone, it's not on the list! It's also not in
    the trusted zone. What can I do?!?!?

    Guest, Apr 20, 2006

    Hi Smudge (interesting, that's my cat's name LOL),

    Try this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182569

    It explains where in the registry this information is stored and what it
    means.

    Let me know if that helps,
    Nancy

    Guest, May 10, 2006