    I have been struggling with this for longer than I can remember. Would
    greatly appreciate any help

    thank you

    Bob B, Mar 14, 2010

  2. Hi
    The specific Error is addressed here, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177078
    In general, make sure that the Software Firewall on each computer allows
    free local traffic. If you use 3rd party Firewall On, Vista/XP Native
    Firewall should be Off, and the active Firewall has to adjusted to your
    Network IP numbers on what is some time called the Trusted Zone (consult
    your 3rd Party Firewall instructions.
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing
    XP -http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_july2.mspx
    Windows Native Firewall setting for Sharing
    XP -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    When done hard reboot all network computers and the Router.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Mar 14, 2010

  3. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    As stated in my original post my network is listed in the trusted zone. I
    have windows firewall off. As to kb177078 I've increased the irpstacksize to
    the maximum.
    Any suggestions concerning why network setup wizard doesn't finish?

    Bob B, Mar 15, 2010