    using a flushing agent on the print head and leaving it overnight - no
    joy.

    , Feb 3, 2007

  2. measekite Guest

    The new IP4300 is so good and so cheap that I would buy that and forget
    about the old one you have. It is worthless.

    measekite, Feb 3, 2007

  3. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Can anyone advise how to change the print on my Cannon BJC-85? Great
    > little printer, I pit it away about 2 years ago (forgot to remove ink
    > cartridge) and pulled it out for my daughter to use for her school
    > work. It will go through the motions put nothing prints, I have tried
    > using a flushing agent on the print head and leaving it overnight - no
    > joy.

    M&G-

    Others should have better suggestions for unclogging your print head.
    The only one I can offer is to try soaking in household ammonia and then
    rinsing.

    As you probably are aware, the ink cartridge with the print head
    built-in is removable, and the ink tanks are separate. There should be
    two - black only with large ink tank, and color with small black and
    color tanks. Are both of yours clogged?

    If all else fails, you can purchase new cartridges. They are somewhat
    expensive, but do include fresh ink tanks which you can save unopened
    until the old tanks are used-up.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Feb 3, 2007
  4. Michael Grey Guest

    You can also purchase a new printhead the BC10e for black only or the BC11e
    for color and black.

    Michael Grey, Feb 3, 2007
  5. measekite Guest

    So dumb I just cannot believe it. Why should any money be spent on an
    old out date out of commission printer when you can get a brand new
    technically up to date Canon IP4300 with new heads and a full set of ink
    for around $80.00 on sale.

    A new head and ink for that piece of junk may even cost as much or more.

    I just cannot believe the advice, if thats what you call it, that is
    given in this ng.

    measekite, Feb 3, 2007
  6. Michael Grey Guest

    to save the environment

    Michael Grey, Feb 3, 2007
  7. measekite Guest

    Wonderful. Nobody buys anything new to save the environment. Business
    go bankrupt. The big depression comes again. The environment still
    gets worse. No new technology is developed. Nobody knows how to
    correct the situation.

    Happy printing kid.

    measekite, Feb 3, 2007
  8. Al Bundy Guest

    On Feb 3, 3:59 am, wrote:
    > Can anyone advise how to change the print on my Cannon BJC-85? Great
    > little printer, I pit it away about 2 years ago (forgot to remove ink
    > cartridge) and pulled it out for my daughter to use for her school
    > work. It will go through the motions put nothing prints, I have tried
    > using a flushing agent on the print head and leaving it overnight - no
    > joy.

    Try cleaning it with a Water Pik if you have one using very hot water
    from the nozzle side. Then you can use a syringe with a fitted hose to
    blow from the input side. If you keep soaking it and cleaning it,
    eventually it will no longer be clogged. I must add, however, that
    just because the head is not clogged does not insure that it will work.

    Al Bundy, Feb 3, 2007
  9. In article <>,
    Fred McKenzie <> wrote:

    > The only one I can offer is to try soaking in household ammonia and then
    > rinsing.

    M&G-

    What I meant to say was to try soaking in Windex (window cleaner that
    contains ammonia)!

    The only time I had a problem with mine, it turned out to be a bad
    electrical contact, which could not be fixed by cleaning. I had to
    purchase the new cartridge as suggested by Michael Grey.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Feb 6, 2007

    wrote:

    > Can anyone advise how to change the print on my Cannon BJC-85? Great
    > little printer, I pit it away about 2 years ago (forgot to remove ink
    > cartridge) and pulled it out for my daughter to use for her school
    > work. It will go through the motions put nothing prints, I have tried
    > using a flushing agent on the print head and leaving it overnight - no
    > joy.

    Printheads do tend to develop problems if stored for long periods. I've
    never really had any success with cleaning them and usually end up
    replacing the head. Assuming you're in the UK you can get Canon printheads
    from http://www.markett.co.uk

    , Feb 22, 2007
  11. milou Guest

    <spam>

    milou, Feb 22, 2007
  12. On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:28:58 +0000, milou <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 02:23:46 GMT, wrote:
    >

    ><spam>

    Why do you feel that was spam? Print heads do fail after a long
    period of use, and can be replaced, if a source can be found.

    Olin McDaniel

    Olin K. McDaniel, Feb 24, 2007