    My question is whether there is a server option to default cancellation of
    recurring meetings to future meetings only? After all, how can you
    'cancel' a meeting that has already occured? The meeting did happen.

    Guest, Aug 29, 2007

  2. Dokoto <> wrote:

    > One of the common calendaring things we do at our company is
    > discontinue recurring meetings when a project is over. Yet when you
    > cancel the meeting, all meeting times (past, present and future) are
    > removed from the calendar. It's been too complicated to get people to
    > just change the unlimited end date to the last meeting date to cancel
    > future meetings only.
    >
    > yahoo calendar for example presents a "cancel future meetings" option
    > which I think is more typical since you may want to preserve the
    > calendar as an archive of meetings you've had in the past.
    >
    > My question is whether there is a server option to default
    > cancellation of recurring meetings to future meetings only? After
    > all, how can you 'cancel' a meeting that has already occured? The
    > meeting did happen.

    Since Outlook recurring events are only one single entry in the calendar,
    with the recurrences calculated on the fly, I think the best you can do is
    to put an end dat on the recurrence and send an update.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Aug 29, 2007

    For an calendaring application, this method is lame. As noted, this method
    although recommended to the staff is never done and the meeting is canceled
    instead. Microsoft needs to enhance Outlook in this area. All other
    calendaring applications allow for this "cancel future meetings only"
    function.

    thanks anyway for thinking about the issue

    Guest, Aug 30, 2007
  4. Dokoto <> wrote:

    > For an calendaring application, this method is lame. As noted, this
    > method although recommended to the staff is never done and the
    > meeting is canceled instead. Microsoft needs to enhance Outlook in
    > this area. All other calendaring applications allow for this "cancel
    > future meetings only" function.

    Then use a calendaring application that's more suited to your needs.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Aug 30, 2007

    I wish I could.

    But as with many corporate users, I'm stuck with I.T. standards such as the
    user
    of the Exchange server and the whole microsoft enchilada including office,
    outlook, sharepoint, etc. My only rebellion is to use Firefox and
    Thunderbird, but there is no way to create calendar meetings except within
    outlook. I.T. gives me grief with my use of mozilla software for e-mail and
    browser. Grief means no support.

    No choice I'm afraid.

    Guest, Aug 30, 2007
  6. Re: Re: canceling future meetings of a recurring meeting

    "Todd Vorpahl" <> wrote in message

    > bad response...hope Mr Tillman has moved on by now (for MS sake)
    >
    > As if i want to update and send out a request to 30 people to re-ACCEPT a
    > meeting. Just to remove
    > future dates.
    >
    > Need a "Cancel all future meetings" (no response necessary)

    I'm simply telling you how Outlook works, You can't make it work
    differently by wishing it were so. I don't work for Microsoft. I have no
    control over how is could work if it were written differently.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Feb 11, 2012