    C14) that looks up that number in a different worksheet and imputs the
    coresponding names associated with that number in the cells (multipal answers
    to the same number). How do I write this?

    Guest, Apr 3, 2006

    Jill -- Let's say that your other sheet is named 'Other'. On that sheet,
    your table of data is organized with 100 rows of data so that you compare
    your cell C14 info to the info incolumn A, and you have names in columns B,
    C, & D that you want to retrieve.

    1 =VLOOKUP(c14,Other!a1:d100,2,false)
    2 =VLOOKUP(C14,Other!a1:d100,3,false)
    3 =VLOOKUP(C14,Other!a1:d100,4,false)

    If the index info in column 'A' is in strict ascending order (either numeric
    or alphabetic) then you don't need the 'false').

    Hope that helps.

    Guest, Apr 3, 2006