    order to install MAB and still have my computer work
    properly?

    I would really appreciate anyone's reply on this, thankyou

    Homer, Jan 27, 2005

  2. I'd go right ahead and try Microsoft Antispyware. I've seen very few posts
    of incompatibilities here.

    There are folks who run multiple antivirus application--it depends on the
    specific applications how much of a problem this is.
    --
    FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.txt

    Bill Sanderson, Jan 27, 2005

  3. Homer

    Pat Cook Guest

    Actually, you can only have 1 anti-virus program
    installed on a PC at any given time. Please note that
    this MS Beta program is Anti-Spyware, not Anti-Virus.
    Multiple Anti-Spyware programs can be installed on a PC
    to complement each other, i.e., catch what the other
    can't detect. No Anti-Spyware scanner and/or remover
    detects everything, unfortunate as it is, due to the
    developmental state that Anti-Spyware applications are in
    at this date. No problem, just get the ones that really
    work and are also free: Eric Howes provides leadership in
    this area of decision making with:
    http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-features.htm#rec Keep
    McAfee anti-virus, lose the Norton stuff, all of it, get
    free ZoneAlarm (ZoneLabs.com), SpywareBlaster (free),
    SpywareGuard (free), MS Anti-Spyware Beta 1 (free) 'cause
    it used to be Giant Anti-Spyware which was maybe the best
    of all, and cover the MS's back by getting AdAware SE
    Personal (free), & RegVac (free for 30 days @
    superwin.com). Have fun with it.

    Pat Cook, Jan 28, 2005
  4. What makes you think so? There's certainly nothing built in to the OS to
    limit this, and several folks have posted that they run more than one. I'll
    gladly admit that this doesn't make sense to do for very many people, but
    there's nothing keeping you from doing it except, perhaps, individual
    product conflicts.

    Bill Sanderson, Jan 28, 2005
  5. Homer

    Dick Cardy Guest

    "Bill Sanderson" <> wrote in message
    > What makes you think so? There's certainly nothing built in to the OS to
    > limit this, and several folks have posted that they run more than one.

    I'll
    > gladly admit that this doesn't make sense to do for very many people, but
    > there's nothing keeping you from doing it except, perhaps, individual
    > product conflicts.
    > --

    Bill

    It depends on what you do when an anti-virus program finds a virus - if you
    quarantine it the other av program is likely to find it again

    Dick

    Dick Cardy, Jan 28, 2005
  6. Sure--there's potential for conflicts of various sorts--I'm not advocating
    that many people go out and do this, but there are some folks, quite a few,
    in fact, who like to have a couple of different a/v apps installed--perhaps
    not both doing real-time scanning, just 'cause they like having them both
    available. There's nothing in Windows that prevents this.

    Bill Sanderson, Jan 28, 2005
  7. Homer

    Ed Barba Guest

    I am running Avast! and AVG 7 at the same time with no problems.

    Ed Barba, Jan 28, 2005
  8. Homer

    International

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi, I use three anti-virus programs together and they don't conflict with each other. I use Avast, Antivir and Avg, these are all free and don't slow down or freeze your system like some of the others do. I admit I nearly always delete or heal a detected virus because if you quarantine a virus one of the others will detect it somewhere later down the line. You must install Avast first then the other two in any order. When you install Avg you must click on advanced install and uncheck e-mail scanner. I set antivir to medium detection level in configuration, if you set it to high you get a lot of false positives. I set Avast on high sensitivty and leave Avg settings as they are. Antivir also has an anti-rootkit built in so this is handy. I hope this is some help to you.

    International
    ۞

    International, Jul 31, 2007