Can receive email but cannot send

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Mail' started by suthngal, Jan 12, 2010.

  1. suthngal

    suthngal Guest

    Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.windstream.net', Server:
    'smtp.windstream.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Sender is
    restricted', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number:
    0x800CCC78

    suthngal, Jan 12, 2010

  2. That's a proprietary error message from the mail server. It appears
    that your ISP has restricted your account.
    Contact Windstream support for help:
    http://www.windstream.com/support/?tab=5

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

    Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\), Jan 12, 2010

  3. suthngal

    emaxson Guest

    I'm having the same problem, for 2 days in a row! I have worked with the
    server for hours, and everything on my account is as it should be, so they
    suggested I contact MS. I am using Vista and Windows Mail. It will work for
    a while and then poof! it's gone. I cannot send mail and here is the error
    message I am receiving:

    The rejected e-mail address was ''. Subject 'Fw: Smart
    Women', Account: 'pop-server.tx.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tx.rr.com',
    Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 Outbound mail refused - 76.186.60.41 -
    See http://help.rr.com/outboundemail [R0209004]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
    Server Error: 452, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
    --
    HELP!!
    emaxson

    emaxson, Jan 12, 2010
  4. "Shawn McPherson" wrote: The connection to the server has failed. Subject '
    I'm done with house league', Account: 'pop.mcphersonsphotography.com',
    Server: 'smtp.mcphersonsphotography.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
    Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

    My email won't send anything out. I have no idea why. It's just super
    annoying. Let me know what I need to do please.

    Shawn McPherson, Jan 12, 2010
  5. The main problem is that Roadrunner support is incompetent.
    The error message is clearly generated by a policy decision at the
    Roadrunner mail server. There is no setting in Windows Mail to
    compensate for that. Until you can talk Roadrunner into fixing their problem,
    about all you can do is send via webmail, or a free Gmail account.

    Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\), Jan 12, 2010
  6. Mcphersonsphotography.com is not your ISP. As such, your home
    ISP will block your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their
    own. For an explanation of this anti-spamming policy, see
    http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

    To send from home, you will have to substitute your home ISP's
    SMTP server. If you need help with that, let us know who your
    home ISP is.

    Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\), Jan 12, 2010