Can I use word wrap for the memo field in Access?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access Database Table Design' started by Guest, Jun 23, 2005.

    The memo field goes on forever. How can I set up word wrap for the memo
    field in Access 2000 such as in Excel?

    Guest, Jun 23, 2005

    Duane Hookom Guest

    Not sure what you mean by this. I thought word wrap was the default
    behavior.

    --
    Duane Hookom
    MS Access MVP

    Duane Hookom, Jun 23, 2005

    Jeff Boyce Guest

    Are you working directly in the table? If so, consider using a form and a
    control -- these will give you "word wrap" and a host of other capabilities
    over display (e.g., conditional formatting, events, ...).

    But a table is just a bucket o' data, and greatly limits your display
    options.

    Good luck

    Jeff Boyce
    <Access MVP>

    Jeff Boyce, Jun 23, 2005

    Tim Ferguson Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?UHVwcHk=?=" <> wrote in

    > The memo field goes on forever. How can I set up word wrap for the memo
    > field in Access 2000 such as in Excel?

    Set the text box control's Multiline property to True.

    Tim F

    Tim Ferguson, Jun 23, 2005