Can I store some Outlookfiles locally and some on my server?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Installation' started by Guest, Jul 31, 2005.

    I'd like my mail to stay on my server, but I want my task list and calendar
    stored locally on my PC. Is this possible?

    Guest, Jul 31, 2005

  2. Scarlet wrote:
    > I'd like my mail to stay on my server, but I want my task list and

    calendar
    > stored locally on my PC. Is this possible?

    Hi Scarlet,
    no it is not possible These information are stored in one file. The pst
    file!

    --
    Thank you for watching us!;-)
    webmaster[at]andreas-roeder.net

    Andreas Roeder, Aug 6, 2005

  3. Scarlet <> wrote:

    > I'd like my mail to stay on my server, but I want my task list and
    > calendar stored locally on my PC. Is this possible?

    Depends on the account type. If the account is Exchange and youre delivery
    location is the mailbox, then no, but you can move mail to a local message
    store. If youre delivery location is a local PST, no again. If your
    account is a POP account, then no. If it's HTTP or IMAP, then yes.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Aug 10, 2005

    How can I found out what type it is? This is my computer at work.

    Guest, Aug 18, 2005
  5. Scarlet <> wrote:

    > How can I found out what type it is? This is my computer at work.

    For Outlook 2002/2003, click Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next and read the account
    type there.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Aug 22, 2005