Outlook Can I retrieve emails after deleting Outlook

Reaction score
Hi all

I have stupidly uninstalled all microsoft office fincluding Outlook from my old pc before I copied or printed out some important emails. Can anyone tell me if the emails are still there somewhere, and if so how can I get to them. I need to put them onto a laptop running Vista.

Thanks

Martin

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I doubt they will still be there, or accessable to be honest - once you delete Office I think it removes all the folders.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Search your hard drive for *.pst ... if there are none, then you have lost 'em.

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Other than using a data recovery company (expensive!) then you've probably lost them - you may stand a chance if you try to do a system restore (in XP) to restore the laptop to before it was uninstalled... it may bring back the pst files too. Not sure but worth a shot.

Reaction score
Maybe the Oulook data folder is still intact with the data files. Try C:\documents and settings\User\Local settings\Application data\Microsoft Outlook, & if data files are still there transfer them to your new Vista, Microsoft Outlook directory.

Ask a Question