    envelope, in a more formal manner (i.e. Wedding Invitation).
    I can only seem to find the option to print on the front side of the
    envelope, thanks much for any help!!!

    Guest, Aug 17, 2005

  2. It will depend a lot on your printer. You are most likely to have success if
    you can feed the envelope into the printer bottom first with the flap open.
    Open the flap of the envelope and draw around it onto a standard sheet of
    paper (aligned center, left, or right according to how you will need to feed
    the envelope into the printer). Then measure to where you would need to put
    the address and adjust your margins on a standard page to put the address
    there. Test this on a sheet of paper until you get it right, then test on an
    envelope cutout before trying it with a real envelope. Even then, you may
    get less than perfect results because of the varying paper thicknesses.

    If you have to feed the envelope lengthwise, you may be able to use the same
    technique with a landscape layout, but this is likely to be successful only
    if the envelope feeds from the left (face up) or right (face down).

    As you can see, there's a lot of trial and error involved. Generally
    speaking, though, I would expect better printing results (especially from a
    laser printer) with the flap open rather than closed.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    "BarneyBeagle" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, anyone know if its possible to print the return address on the back of

    an

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Aug 17, 2005

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Or you could simply use an envelope template and print the back separately ?

    --
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

    Graham Mayor, Aug 18, 2005
  4. I wasn't suggesting that the back be printed other than separately.

    --

    ?

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Aug 18, 2005