    Can I do it?

    TIA
    LAS

    LAS, Jun 25, 2010

  2. LAS

    Gord Dibben Guest

    You can hyperlink a cell to an image stored elsewhere or to an image stored
    within the workbook.

    How you do it depends upon the purpose of the linking and the ultimate results
    you are looking for.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Jun 27, 2010

  3. LAS

    LAS Guest

    1 - How do you "hyperlink" something?
    2 - How do you store an image in the workbook?

    LAS, Jun 27, 2010
  4. LAS

    LAS Guest

    I have a spreadsheet of flowers in my garden. Flower names for each row.
    Various attributes for the columns. I would like to associate a picture
    with each flower. Ideally a thumbnail would be visible in a cell. If not
    that, then a way to display the image.

    LAS, Jun 27, 2010
  5. LAS

    Gord Dibben Guest

    1. See help on hyperlink.

    2. Insert>Picture.

    Gord

    Gord Dibben, Jun 28, 2010
  6. LAS

    Cimjet Guest

    Hi Las
    How many flowers (Pictures) do you have.
    I may have something for you but it's limited.
    It's a macro that hides and unhides them when you select its name in a cell. any
    cell.
    regards
    John

    Cimjet, Jun 28, 2010
  7. LAS

    Gord Dibben Guest

    See John McGimpsey's site for a sample workbook that shows how to display an
    image using embedded pictures and a lookup table with choices based on a Data
    Validation dropdown menu.

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

    Another good source for this would be a sample workbook by Bernie Dietrick.

    http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal

    DV0049 - ClipArt Selection -- Select a clipart item from a data validation
    dropdown list, and that picture appears in the adjacent cell. Uses
    Worksheet_Calculate event code. Excel template from Bernie Deitrick.
    ClipArtEvent.zip 30kb 03-Jun-07

    Gord

    Gord Dibben, Jun 28, 2010
  8. LAS

    LAS Guest

    LAS, Jun 29, 2010
  9. LAS

    Cimjet Guest

    Hi Las
    What I got seem to stop working around 70.
    This is the macro;
    Dim oPic As Picture
    Dim pics()
    Me.Pictures.Visible = False
    For Each oPic In Me.Pictures
    If oPic.Name = ActiveCell.Text Then
    oPic.Visible = True
    Exit For
    End If
    Next oPic
    End Sub
    ------------------------
    The function "Me.Pictures.Visible = False" stop working around 70, it wont hide
    the picture anymore.
    I don't know if anyone else could solve that problem. I could post a link with a
    demo file to show you how it works, it's a DVD listing.
    Regards
    John

    Cimjet, Jun 30, 2010
  10. LAS

    vishal0soni

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Here is a small writeup with attached examples for image hyper-linking.
    gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Creating-Image-Hyperlinks-32572ae6

    vishal0soni, Apr 2, 2013