    Is it possible to generate a list of all of the words or phrases in my
    document that are assigned a specific style?

    Thanks!

    KRN, Mar 19, 2008

  2. KRN

    DeanH Guest

    What version of Word are you using.
    If you have 2003, try the following:
    Edit, Find, ensure the "Find what:" is empty.
    Tick the "Highlight all items found in" check box.
    Click the More button, Style, slect the Style you want to find.
    Find All.
    Close Find Dialog. Copy and then paste the selection where you want it.
    Prior to 2003 not all version have this option.
    For 2007 go to Home tab, Editing Group.
    Hope this works for you.
    DeanH

    DeanH, Mar 19, 2008

  3. AFAICT, Word 2007 doesn't have this feature, either, which I think is an
    unfortunate omission.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Mar 19, 2008
  4. KRN

    Stefan Blom Guest

    Indeed it is. :-(

    --
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

    Stefan Blom, Mar 19, 2008
  5. KRN

    Tony Jollans Guest

    In Word 2007 you can do it (for Styles) from the Styles Task Pane. Right
    click the style and choose "Select All instances".

    --
    Enjoy,
    Tony

    Tony Jollans, Mar 19, 2008
  6. Turns out this was a stubborn misunderstanding on my part. Beth Melton had
    to hit me on the head several times before she got it across to me that
    "Find in" in Word 2007 works the same as "Highlight all items found" in Word
    2003. The fact that it works without your having to click a button (as in
    Word 2003, where the Find button became Find All) was what threw me off.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Mar 19, 2008
  7. KRN

    KRN Guest

    RE: Can I get list of all of the words in my doc of a specific sty

    Thanks to for all posts. I have Word 2003 and it worked.

    KRN, Mar 19, 2008
  8. KRN

    Stefan Blom Guest

    And I was looking at the wrong tab of the dialog box: Replace instead of
    Find, where the command is located...

    Stefan Blom, Mar 20, 2008
  9. KRN

    Dogwoodnc Guest

    RE: Can I get list of all of the words in my doc of a specific sty

    This is a great tip -- and does exactly what I need to do; thanks! I have a
    follow-up question. Is there a way to add this to a macro (in Word 2003)?
    I've tried recording it numerous times, but it's getting hung up on the "Find
    All" command. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Dogwoodnc, Dec 8, 2008