    Bud Guest

    I would like to draw simple floor plans for residential construction. Can I
    use Excel or Power Point to do this instead of buying a cad program ?

    Bud, Apr 11, 2008

  2. Bud

    Chad J. Guest

    Visio 2007 would be best to use for creating floor plans.

    Chad J., Apr 11, 2008

  3. Bud

    mike Guest

    It might be possible but it sure wouldn't be fun or easy. I've seen a few
    free simple CAD programs on the net, that don't have much functionality but
    would certainly be better than Excel. I can't recall any names right now but
    you may want do some searching.

    mike, Apr 11, 2008
  4. Bud

    mike Guest

    I'll second Chad's notion, out of the MS programs Visio would be best, and
    reasonably well suited.

    mike, Apr 12, 2008
  5. Bud

    FSt1 Guest

    hi
    if can be done. i have a floor plan to my house in 2003 plus in the past i
    have used excel to make "maps" of warehouses. but...(key point)... it can't
    be done 100% to scale. you would have to do some rounding off of some
    dementions. meaning that other applications might be better suited IF you
    need to be exact in scale.

    Regards
    FSt1

    FSt1, Apr 12, 2008
  6. Bud

    Gord Dibben Guest

    FSt1

    You could get exact if you wanted to use Ole Erlandson's macros for sizing cells
    in mm.

    http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbawssetrowcol

    Gord

    Gord Dibben, Apr 12, 2008