    GB) from the HDD to a set of DVD's ?
    --
    Gert

    Guest, Nov 22, 2006

  2. Gert wrote:
    > Is it possible in WinXP SP2 to copy a large file (a disc image,
    > approx. 10 GB) from the HDD to a set of DVD's ?

    Not unless you split it up somehow.

    And since Windows XP doesn't natively write to DVD+/- R/RW, you'd be using
    third party anyway.
    When you make your image, choose the option in the application to split into
    multiple image files for you.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Shenan Stanley, Nov 22, 2006

    Pop` Guest

    Gert wrote:
    > Is it possible in WinXP SP2 to copy a large file (a disc image,
    > approx. 10 GB) from the HDD to a set of DVD's ?

    Not natively from XP at least. Some of the DVD applications will span DVDs
    for you, but generally you have to either create the image in DVD-size
    chunks, or split it, with third party apps. EG I use Norton's Ghost and it
    lets me create the images in 4.4 Gig separate files and can reassemble them
    when/if they're needed.

    HTH
    Pop`

    Pop`, Nov 22, 2006