    cell. But I would like to do this within a box I've merged together.

    Thanks,

    Debbie

    Guest, Jun 26, 2006

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Debbie

    NO.

    Merging 9 cells into one just creates one single cell that looks larger than the
    regular cells, but has the same properties as a regular cell.

    My advice about merged cells.........

    Merged cells are the spawn of Satan!

    They cause more problems with Excel than any other feature I can think of.

    Copying, cutting, pasting, sorting, filtering are all adversely
    affected by merged cells.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Jun 26, 2006

    Bummer.