    I am getting a news email from AARP I want to share this with my wife on
    another email account. Is there a way for an outlook rule to forward the
    message to the other email account. She also uses outlook.

    WHiteFox, Nov 3, 2008

  2. Sure. That's in the Rules Wizard. (Tools | Rules Wizard probably) I
    can't be any more specific without knowing what version of Outlook
    you're using. Note that your Outlook will probably have to be running
    in order for the rule to run - unless you have an Exchange server, which
    I doubt.

    --
    -Ben-
    Ben M. Schorr, MVP

    Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote), Nov 3, 2008

  3. WHiteFox

    VanguardLH Guest

    WHiteFox wrote:

    > I am getting a news email from AARP I want to share this with my wife on
    > another email account. Is there a way for an outlook rule to forward the
    > message to the other email account. She also uses outlook.

    While this can be done using a client-side rule in Outlook or other
    e-mail clients, maybe you want to look into whether you can define a
    server-side rule that runs in your account on the mail server. Use the
    webmail interface to your e-mail account and check if they let you
    define a rule to forward mails depending on who sent them. Then you
    don't need to do anything in Outlook (which would only occur when you
    happen to load Outlook for the rule to exercise on the next mail poll).
    Of course, if you want a copy of the same mail, the server-side rule
    would need to forward a *copy* of the mail item rather than just forward
    it; i.e., you want a copy yourself and you want to forward only a copy
    of that mail item to another account. What you can do for server-side
    rules in your mail account up on the server depends on who you use for
    your e-mail service provider but whom you never mentioned.

    VanguardLH, Nov 3, 2008
  4. WHiteFox

    WHiteFox Guest

    I am using microsoft office 2003 on an xp platform and my wife is using
    microsoft 2007 on a Vista Pro platform.

    I am working my way through this from what you sufggested, and have gotten
    as far as forward, but as yet have not found how to put in her address,

    thanks.

    WHiteFox, Nov 3, 2008
  5. "WHiteFox" <> wrote in message

    >I am using microsoft office 2003 on an xp platform and my wife is using
    > microsoft 2007 on a Vista Pro platform.
    >
    > I am working my way through this from what you sufggested, and have gotten
    > as far as forward, but as yet have not found how to put in her address,

    As VanguardLH suggests, you'd be better served by a rule on the mail server.

    That said, click Tools>Rules and Alerts>New Rule>Start from a blank
    rule>Next. Select the "from people or distribution list" condition. In
    the "Step 2" pane at the bottom, click "people or distribution list". If
    the AARP address is in your Contacts, select it there and click From.
    Otherwise, enter it in the From field at the bottom. Click OK. Click Next.
    Select the "forward it to people or distribution list" or the "people or
    distribution list as an attachment" (this is the one I'd choose). Click
    "people or distribution list" in the lower pane, select your wife's address,
    click To, and click OK. You can now click Finish (to accept the defaults
    for all remaining choices in the wizard) or click Next. If you click Next,
    you'll get a list of exceptions, which you probably don't need to use.
    Click Finish to accept the defaults for all remaining choices, or click
    Next. If you click Next, you'll get to name the rule and the choice to have
    the rule run once on the messages that already exist in your Inbox. Click
    Finish when you've made your choices, then click OK to close the Rules
    wizard.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], Nov 3, 2008