Calculating averages and not including blank cells

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel New Users' started by Mercedes, Feb 17, 2010.

  1. Mercedes

    Mercedes Guest

    Hello all,

    Could someone tell me how to calculate the average of a column in Excel that
    has blanks? I don't want to include the blanks in the average. I tried
    using:
    =AVERAGE(E1:E18)

    thinking that it would not include the blank cells as part of the
    calculation, but then realized the error of my ways...

    Your help is most appreciated!

    M.

    --
    Of all the things I''ve lost, I miss my mind the most.

    Mercedes, Feb 17, 2010

  2. But AVERAGE does ignore blank cells
    best wishes
    --