C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe (Intel Hotkeys)

Discussion in 'Windows XP Configuration' started by auntiem, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. auntiem

    auntiem Guest

    Need help knowing what to do about Hotkeys
    I don't know if I'm even in the right forum for this but
    here it goes.
    when doing a test on my pc found I have
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe Intel Hotkeys which they
    say is Optional .This is what it said:
    The following information was collected about this file
    during testing.

    Full Path C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
    Vendor Intel Corporation
    Product Intel(R) Common User Interface
    Version 3.0.0.3762
    File Size 118784 bytes

    Our running programs database has the following
    information about the most likely source and function of
    this program.

    Description
    Intel Hotkeys
    Recommendation
    Not an essential component, but see the information below
    before disabling it.

    More Information
    Part of the drivers for boards with Intel 81x graphics
    chips. Allows you to define hotkey combinations to change
    video resolutions. This is not something that most users
    do often, and it can be done through Control Panel (Intel
    Graphics icon) or Desktop Properties pretty quickly. We
    recommend stopping this task to save resources and
    prevent accidental use of the hotkey feature
    I have Windows XP SP1
    Full Version Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1
    Can I disable this...and if so How??
    Thanks

    auntiem, Jul 30, 2004

  2. auntiem

    Rich Barry Guest

    Control Panel>Display Settings>Advanced>Intel Extreme
    Grapics>Graphic Properties>Hotkeys>Uncheck Enable Hot Keys.

    Rich Barry, Jul 31, 2004