c-media ac97 audio device

Reaction score
I reformatted my hard drive to XP professional and now the sound card will not work. It is a C-media AC97.
Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Thankyou Lindau, however I think looking for the drivers him/herself would have been more favourable otherwise people just dont learn how to solve problems themselves

Or maybe I just got out of the wrong side of my bed this morning ;)

Reaction score
That's fine, but we all need a little help sometimes, otherwise why have forums?

And once bbartholomew gets on the site he/she has to dig around to find the correct driver.

Cheers anyway

Reaction score
He/she didnt have to come to the site to find the driver that was my point m8.

A simple search online would have done the same thing dont you agree?

Reaction score
audio drivers

Lets remember that not everyone is confident using the net to find resources, especially when you are trying to get the sound back onto your pc, hopefully bbartholomew will find the drivers, install them and be back to complement you both for helping;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
bbartholomew said:
I reformatted my hard drive to XP professional and now the sound card will not work. It is a C-media AC97.
Any help would be appreciated.
The drivers are on the CD that came with the PC ... If we knew the make/model PC we could help further.

TD, go back to bed ... and get out the other side. :D

Reaction score
(Little Help Please?! Same problem Audio AC97 audio .... ) Ahm I just win this computer (RED FOX) from an game show It dosn't have any installer for the sound .. This is the story when i see the disk checking The system volume information is converted (i don't remember the next .. :) ) then when I see the device manager for the sound an exclamation mark (!) for the C-media audio .. ahm, can anyone help me??

sorry for the language

the computer is Built-in so .. i can't see whenever what is the model is is..
Help please!! !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ahm .. is there anyone knows where to download C-media AC97 audio device .... I it's properties but there's some thingy (CODE 10) there ...

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
OS = Operating System ie XP/Vista etc....

Any device using AC97 will use the codecs I have linked to, C-Media also have drivers HERE :thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
ahm.. adywebb .. how can I see what kind of driver it is, how can i see whenever it is CMI9880 .. ??

Ask a Question