    Please help I want to have the ability to be able to do anything that I
    might wnat to do.
    Thanks in advance

    Ninip, Mar 6, 2005

  2. Ninip

    CWatters Guest

    "Ninip" <> wrote in message
    news:uNKWd.585926$Xk.124788@pd7tw3no...
    > Hi all
    > I am going to buy a new computer this week. My old one has a cd rom drive
    > and a cd burner drive. I like having two drives so I can do a direct copy
    > from cd to cd.
    > But on my new one I would like to get a dvd drive also.
    > What do I need?
    > I am so confused.
    > A dvd burner and a cd burner? A cd drive and a dvd burner?
    > A dvd drive and a cd burner?
    > Please help I want to have the ability to be able to do anything that I
    > might wnat to do.
    > Thanks in advance

    A modern Dual layer DVD writer should be your starting point. Many of these
    will also play and write CD at a reasonable speed. Go looking for reviews
    and get this chosen first. Then...

    If you really want to copy CDs disc to disc then you just need an ordinary
    cheap CD drive (play only) to hold the source CD.

    CWatters, Mar 6, 2005

  3. Hi,

    They're cheap enough now to get both a DVD reader and DVD burner, that would
    be my choice in most situations. Both would likely support reading and
    writing of CD media as well.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers, Mar 6, 2005
  4. Ninip wrote:
    > Hi all
    > I am going to buy a new computer this week. My old one has a cd rom
    > drive and a cd burner drive. I like having two drives so I can do a
    > direct copy from cd to cd.
    > But on my new one I would like to get a dvd drive also.
    > What do I need?
    > I am so confused.
    > A dvd burner and a cd burner? A cd drive and a dvd burner?
    > A dvd drive and a cd burner?
    > Please help I want to have the ability to be able to do anything that
    > I might wnat to do.
    > Thanks in advance

    2 DVD+/-RWs

    That way you can read/write CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Shenan Stanley, Mar 6, 2005
  5. Ninip

    CWatters Guest

    "Shenan Stanley" <> wrote in message

    > 2 DVD+/-RWs
    >
    > That way you can read/write CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW.

    Yes that's probably a good idea. I think I'd go for two identical drives to
    avoid any problems with DVD incompatibility

    CWatters, Mar 7, 2005
  6. Ninip

    Yves Leclerc Guest

    You no longer need to have two identical drives. Just make sure that both
    drives are Double Layered and can do both DVD+RW / DVD-RW.

    Yves Leclerc, Mar 7, 2005