    that's incompatible with it's mainstream software? Can anyone help me get
    through this installation? FYI I have Windows 7 and Office 2007 ... and now
    wish I had stuck with XP and Office 2003

    Solid, Jan 4, 2010

  2. Solid

    InsideSMBCRM Guest

    I don't beleive that this is so much about Windows 7 as it is about the SQL
    server version on the system.

    I have successfully installed other applications that use SQL 2005 on Win 7.

    I have seen issues where BCM installs fail because it is not happy with
    pre-existing version of SQL on the system.

    Only solution I was able to come up with was to uninstall previously
    installed SQL, install BCM and then install other application...

    M Scott Schaffernoth
    www.winnovative.com
    Twitter: @InsideSMBCRM

    InsideSMBCRM, Jan 6, 2010

  3. Solid

    Sandcarver Guest

    I think I'm having the same problem. When I try to install BCM, I get an
    error message stating that "Setup failed to install the required component
    Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies. Microsoft Office
    Professional 2007 CD 2 cannot continue." and Setup terminates.

    I upgraded WinXP to Windows 7 over the Holidays and after encountering
    difficulties with Avidian Prophet, an Outlook CRM Add-In, decided to have a
    look at BCM. So I installed it on a laptop still running XP, decided it would
    work, and then tried to install it on my Windows 7 desktop, without success.

    The Programs and Features screen in the Control Panel shows that I have
    several SQL servers/components installed, and I'm uncertain which ones I
    would need to uninstall. They are:

    Microsoft SQL Server 2005
    Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition (ENU)
    Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Design Tools ENU
    Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 ENU
    Microsoft SQL Server Database Publishing Wizard 1.2
    Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
    Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English)
    Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer

    Which components would I need to install to get BCM to install correctly?
    And which can I then add back? And how do I do that?

    I'm guessing that some of these were installed when I installed Microsoft
    Expression Studio 2, with Visual Studio 2008 (which is bundled with
    Expression Studio) and perhaps then Expression Web 3.

    I definitely do need to have the Expression applications working properly
    and although I don't know how to do anything with Visual Studio, I'm hoping
    to learn how to program in C# with it.

    ..

    Sandcarver, Jan 7, 2010
  4. Solid

    sdurman Guest

    Yes, you must install SP3 for SQL Server 2005, and you must install it BEFORE
    opening BCM for the first time. I found this link when I was preparing to
    install BCM for first time on a win 7 computer, and it installed without
    problem. Good luck!
    http://windowsitpro.com/articles/print.cfm?articleid=103015

    sdurman, Jan 8, 2010