Brits to be first again - fly the flag boys

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Typical political crap...sod the real villians and killers we let go..push that to one side ..hmm what else can we do to get donations and appease big suits...yawn yawn yawn...

hows about they build more prisons..close the border ..and listen yes listen for once about what the real people want instead of living constantly in cushy lane..the out of touch political cul-de-sac...:mad:

ps.. i do not condone illegal internet activity

Reaction score
This has been discussed all over the place for a week or so. Since it involves money for the government (VAT) I presume this plan will be implemented though with a few changes ...who knows :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Are any rival political parties taking the opposite stance?

I wonder.

I also wonder if this thing came off whether media sales would suddenly skyrocket. The companies who sell music and movies may very well be unpleasantly surprised to find their sales decrease.

This is not the only argument, but it is one of them - availability can stimulate sales. The radio already proves this, as does cinema.

Hear a track or two and you may very well buy the album, I know I do. Same goes with movies. Watched it at the cinema? Fancy having it for keeps? Then you may very well purchase it on DVD or Blu Ray.

There's also an argument to be made - though I hasten to add this is still illegal - about people sharing music that just isn't available any more, music the record companies deem unprofitable.

And on a side note..... Just a few years ago most CD back catalogue was either full price or at least a tenner. I now note that most back catalogue can be had for a fiver or less.

Do you think the record companies finally learnt something? That lots of little profits is much healthier than a few big profits? And that artists' work in circulation will also generate sales of that artist's other material.

Hmm, I'm gonna start a petition - 'Flops for President of the BPI' Yay! :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Flops
'Flops for President of the BPI' Yay! :D

count me in

politicians could take some c/sense from you m8..but then again your view doesn`t get them fat profit :)

anyway building more prisons ..would create jobs ...and get rid of scum

Ask a Question