brinnging data to excel via scanning a sheet.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel New Users' started by Guest, Mar 24, 2007.

    Can Excel read a scanned sheet and brinng information in .,? If yes Please
    tell me how ..?

    Guest, Mar 24, 2007

    Nick Hodge Guest

    Undoubtedly yes. You do this with OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
    software, not directly with Excel

    --
    HTH
    Nick Hodge

    Nick Hodge, Mar 24, 2007

    Great. Thanks much for your help nick..

    Guest, Mar 24, 2007

    One of the best tools I've found for this is Omni Page:
    http://www.nuance.com/omnipage/
    not cheap, but it is good. It also does wonders at taking a .pdf file and
    converting it back to a Word or Excel or other type of original document
    (much better than Adobe's own "translate/save as" options do).

    Guest, Mar 28, 2007