    Upgrader ST600. When the PC is in standby is there some setting that will
    enable the ST600 to bring it out of standby.

    Thanks, John.

    Machinist60, Aug 12, 2012

  2. Machinist60

    SC Tom Guest

    "Machinist60" <> wrote in message
    news:k08gqn$lo7$...
    > I am running Nero Mediahome 4 under Win XP sp3 serving an LG Smart TV
    > Upgrader ST600. When the PC is in standby is there some setting that will
    > enable the ST600 to bring it out of standby.
    >
    > Thanks, John.

    How is it connected to the PC? If it's an ethernet connection, enabling WOL
    in BIOS and in Windows may do it.
    --
    SC Tom

    SC Tom, Aug 12, 2012

  3. Machinist60

    Bert Guest

    In news:k08knm$ddk$ "SC Tom" <> wrote:

    > "Machinist60" <> wrote in message
    >> I am running Nero Mediahome 4 under Win XP sp3 serving an LG Smart TV
    >> Upgrader ST600. When the PC is in standby is there some setting that
    >> will enable the ST600 to bring it out of standby.
    >>
    >> Thanks, John.

    > How is it connected to the PC? If it's an ethernet connection,
    > enabling WOL in BIOS and in Windows may do it.

    Simply enabling it isn't enough. You have to send a special "magic
    packet" to the sleeping machine in order to wake it up.

    It's not particularly difficult, but either the TV set will have to do
    it, or you'd have to send it from another PC every time you wanted to
    wake up your server.

    It might be simpler (although less power efficient) to simply let the
    server run all the time.

    --
    St. Paul, MN

    Bert, Aug 12, 2012
  4. Machinist60

    Machinist60 Guest

    The connection is wifi. Nero allows the PC to go to standby if there is no
    activity from the ST600 for the normal period before standby.
    John.

    Machinist60, Aug 13, 2012