Both scroll bars missing in 2007

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel New Users' started by spenyc, Jan 3, 2008.

  1. spenyc

    spenyc Guest

    I'm not really new to Excel, just to Excel 2007.

    Anyway, I have the "show...scroll bar" boxes in Advanced Options, so that's
    not it. They just aren't visible...and then suddenly they are, and then
    they're not. And since I'm looking at the spreadsheet, I don't know what
    action it is that shows or hides them automatically, which is what is
    obviously happening.

    Anybody know what this is all about?

    thanks,
     
    spenyc, Jan 3, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. spenyc

    CLR Guest

    Could your various actions be triggering macros that could be doing it?

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3



    "spenyc" wrote:

    > I'm not really new to Excel, just to Excel 2007.
    >
    > Anyway, I have the "show...scroll bar" boxes in Advanced Options, so that's
    > not it. They just aren't visible...and then suddenly they are, and then
    > they're not. And since I'm looking at the spreadsheet, I don't know what
    > action it is that shows or hides them automatically, which is what is
    > obviously happening.
    >
    > Anybody know what this is all about?
    >
    > thanks,
     
    CLR, Jan 4, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. spenyc

    spenyc Guest

    "CLR" wrote:

    > Could your various actions be triggering macros that could be doing it?
    >
    > Vaya con Dios,
    > Chuck, CABGx3
    >

    Hola, Chuck!

    Nope, I haven't had it long enough to even make any macros yet! However, I
    did finally discover that, unlike Word, if you make the Excel window smaller
    by some unknown factor, the scroll bars disappear off the sides of the
    screen. Since I have dual screens, I found this out while dragging it to the
    screen with the smaller resolution.

    BUT...when I tried to reproduce the effect, it didn't happen. So that's nto
    very satisfying. BUT...I got my scroll bars back, so that counts for
    something!

    Thanks for your prompt response,
    > "spenyc" wrote:
    >
    > > I'm not really new to Excel, just to Excel 2007.
    > >
    > > Anyway, I have the "show...scroll bar" boxes in Advanced Options, so that's
    > > not it. They just aren't visible...and then suddenly they are, and then
    > > they're not. And since I'm looking at the spreadsheet, I don't know what
    > > action it is that shows or hides them automatically, which is what is
    > > obviously happening.
    > >
    > > Anybody know what this is all about?
    > >
    > > thanks,
     
    spenyc, Jan 4, 2008
    #3
  4. spenyc

    CLR Guest

    You're welcome........glad you got it sorted.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3



    "spenyc" wrote:

    >
    >
    > "CLR" wrote:
    >
    > > Could your various actions be triggering macros that could be doing it?
    > >
    > > Vaya con Dios,
    > > Chuck, CABGx3
    > >

    > Hola, Chuck!
    >
    > Nope, I haven't had it long enough to even make any macros yet! However, I
    > did finally discover that, unlike Word, if you make the Excel window smaller
    > by some unknown factor, the scroll bars disappear off the sides of the
    > screen. Since I have dual screens, I found this out while dragging it to the
    > screen with the smaller resolution.
    >
    > BUT...when I tried to reproduce the effect, it didn't happen. So that's nto
    > very satisfying. BUT...I got my scroll bars back, so that counts for
    > something!
    >
    > Thanks for your prompt response,
    > > "spenyc" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I'm not really new to Excel, just to Excel 2007.
    > > >
    > > > Anyway, I have the "show...scroll bar" boxes in Advanced Options, so that's
    > > > not it. They just aren't visible...and then suddenly they are, and then
    > > > they're not. And since I'm looking at the spreadsheet, I don't know what
    > > > action it is that shows or hides them automatically, which is what is
    > > > obviously happening.
    > > >
    > > > Anybody know what this is all about?
    > > >
    > > > thanks,
     
    CLR, Jan 4, 2008
    #4
  5. spenyc

    Dark_V

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    It's an old post but my team can't find solution.

    All we use dual monitor with diferent resolution and drag and drop solution don't fix the problem.

    For example open new worksheet without protection and move to cel AZ100 and don't show scroll bars.

    Someone know other way?

    Please help!
     
    Dark_V, Dec 2, 2009
    #5
  6. spenyc

    mdehe

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I discovered the solution was the same as was already posted. This disappearing scrollbar anomalie seems to occur more often with large graphs. When the minimize button is clicked, or some function occurs that causes the minimize action, the interior window positions itself so that the scroll bars are simply out of view. They haven't vanished. In most cases, you can just make out a piece of the top bar of the interior window. If you double-click that tiny piece of interior window bar, your interior window will restore to full size and the scroll-bars will have returned.
     
    mdehe, Apr 27, 2010
    #6
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Guest
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    390
    David McRitchie
    Oct 9, 2005
  2. Cbulha

    Unable to use mouse scroll in Excel 2007

    Cbulha, Nov 29, 2007, in forum: Microsoft Excel New Users
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    711
    Cbulha
    Nov 29, 2007
  3. Rojas
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    270
  4. Pyrite

    RE: how to use the scroll bars to move objects

    Pyrite, Aug 21, 2008, in forum: Microsoft Excel New Users
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    202
  5. Gene L.

    Scroll Bars in Excel 2008

    Gene L., Sep 21, 2008, in forum: Microsoft Excel New Users
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,437
    joedspin
    Nov 25, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page