Boot msg: "Group policy client service failed to start"

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Sabian Smith, Jul 23, 2008.

  1. Sabian Smith

    Sabian Smith Guest

    Anyone know why I get this error (pop-up window in system tray) every time I
    boot Vista Business 32bit?

    "Group policy client services failed to start".

    I am on a domain, and the computer/network otherwise works perfectly. Here
    is Event Log data:

    Reason: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
    timely fashion.
    Details:

    [ Name] Service Control Manager
    [ Guid] {555908D1-A6D7-4695-8E1E-26931D2012F4}
    [ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager
    - EventID 7000
    [ Qualifiers] 49152

    Version 0
    Level 2
    Task 0
    Opcode 0

    Keywords 0x80000000000000

    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2008-07-23T01:39:42.000Z

    EventRecordID 46478
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [ ProcessID] 0
    [ ThreadID] 0

    Channel System
    Computer SEN006.Sen.local

    Security

    - EventData

    param1 Group Policy Client
    param2 %%1053

    Sabian Smith, Jul 23, 2008

  2. Sabian Smith

    Sabian Smith Guest

    Any ideas?

    If I start up services.msi, Group Services Client is not running, and all
    options to start , stop it etc are grey'd out?

    Sabian Smith, Jul 23, 2008