    I REINSTALLED WIN XP AND NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS XP
    SHOWING DURING BOOTING.
    HOW TO ACCESS BOOT FILE AND DELET NOT ACTIVE WIN XP

    Guest, Oct 24, 2004

  2. CGRZAD wrote:
    > I REINSTALLED WIN XP AND NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS XP
    > SHOWING DURING BOOTING.
    > HOW TO ACCESS BOOT FILE AND DELET NOT ACTIVE WIN XP

    When you edit the BOOT.INI file, try to turn off the caps lock, as I do not
    know if the file is case sensitive or not. I am, but the file - who knows?
    heh

    HOW TO: Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Shenan Stanley, Oct 24, 2004

    bp Guest

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 03:41:05 -0700, CGRZAD
    <> wrote:

    >I REINSTALLED WIN XP AND NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS XP
    >SHOWING DURING BOOTING.
    >HOW TO ACCESS BOOT FILE AND DELET NOT ACTIVE WIN XP

    If you want to get rid of an old entry use MSCONFIG for the run menu
    select the boot.ini tab and select "check all boot paths"

    bp, Oct 24, 2004

    "CGRZAD" wrote:

    > I REINSTALLED WIN XP AND NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS XP
    > SHOWING DURING BOOTING.
    > HOW TO ACCESS BOOT FILE AND DELET NOT ACTIVE WIN XP

    edit %systemdrive%\boot.ini (e.g. c:\boot.ini)

    Guest, Oct 25, 2004