Boinc not auto starting ?????????

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm having some probs with my pc and one of the side effects is that my Boinc won't auto start anymore . Before I'd turn on the pc and Boinc would be running and an icon would be in the task bar at the bottom left . Now I start the pc and no Boinc . I have to go , Start > programs > Boinc and then it runs ok , that is untill the pc crashes again . I haven't changed any Boinc settings and I think it should auto start . Here is a pic of the Boinc settings . :(

Attachments

• 2007-04-04_100205.png
    2007-04-04_100205.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 181

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Looks like you may now have a corrupted Boinc install - but first its more important to would work out why your PC is crashing.

I wouldn't run Boinc at the moment and work out why the PC is crashing and sort that out, then re-install Boinc and try again :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm 6 hours into a 20 hour project , will I loose all those hours crunching if I reinstall boinc ? :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Theres always that risk, but if you close down boinc first then run the new download it should do a repair install over the top but retain the current work.

I wouldn't bother doing any of this untill you've sorted your PC crashing problems though :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be keeping the pc for a while as me probs seem to have been sorted . Re-installed Boinc and its up and running again so alls well with the world .
user.gif
:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ignore the last post as I'm still having probs . I'm going to do a fresh install of XP and that will give me a new playing field . :D

Ask a Question