BOINC and WCG Outages

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Short Outage on BOINC coming up

We will be stopping the BOINC servers twice during the next 36 hours. During these times we will be taking steps to avoid outages like we had in late December.

(We missed the first one)

The outage will be around 17:00 UTC on Wednesday Jan 10th. It will last about 90 minutes.

Thank you for your time.

*The outage was delayed and it will be starting in a few minutes.

During this time BOINC clients will not be able to communicate with the BOINC servers.

Statisics updated less frequently for a short time

Starting Jan 10, the statistics updates will be run only at 0:00 UTC and 12:00 UTC. This is a temporary reduction in the update frequency and should only last a few days.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
All being well by the morning of the 11th the outages should be sorted. :thumb:

Believe it or not the best action to take with BOINC if you get an error is just to leave it, usually it just sorts itself out. :thumb:

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Thanks V_R :)

.....been getting a few instances of "Schedular request failed:HTTP file not found" at times recently on all my clients - hopefully this will sort it out :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Me too, My pc's been up for a week now and when i checked my BOINC logs after reading the thread over at WCG i saw loads of them....Hopefully they will sort it out. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This second outage is over.

Statisics updated less frequently for a short time
Starting Jan 10, the statistics updates will be run only at 0:00 UTC and 12:00 UTC. This is a temporary reduction in the update frequency and should only last a few days.

This is still ongoing. No stat updates at 6am and 6pm for a few days.

Ask a Question