Body of email message won't print

ldt

I was using WM without problems until one day, my inbox folders disappeared
and I was no longer able to print emails and web pages. On the emails, all
that would print was "Page 1 of 1", my name at the top (as usual) the "From,
To, Sent, Subject" and then the date at the bottom. I restored from my backup
and the inbox folders reappeared and I can print from the web, but the email
printing problem remains. I'm having to use a Yahoo Mail address to be able
to print any of my emails. Is there a way to fix this problem. I am new to
Windows Vista and Windows Mail.

FrancisZambia

ldt said:
I was using WM without problems until one day, my inbox folders disappeared
and I was no longer able to print emails and web pages. On the emails, all
that would print was "Page 1 of 1", my name at the top (as usual) the "From,
To, Sent, Subject" and then the date at the bottom. I restored from my backup
and the inbox folders reappeared and I can print from the web, but the email
printing problem remains. I'm having to use a Yahoo Mail address to be able
to print any of my emails. Is there a way to fix this problem. I am new to
Windows Vista and Windows Mail.

FrancisZambia

I have EXACTLY the same problem - I can print the headers only, but not the
body of the message. I tried contacting the printer manufacturer, but they
claim the problem must be the settings in the software - but I can't find
where to change them. ANY HELP OUT THERE?

Steve Cochran

Can you print from Internet Explorer? That is the print engine that WinMail
uses.

steve

FrancisZambia

I checked, and can still print perfectly from Internet Explorer - but Windows
Mail still only prints the header (and Page Number footer) of email messages.
I might try that downloading of Windows Mail Live - but it appears to be the
same program... Is it different?

Sam Hobbs

Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail are different. The internals
(programming) of the two are very different. One critical difference is that
Microsoft fixes bugs in Windows Live Mail but the existing bugs in Windows
Mail will never be fixed.

Steve Cochran

There are a LOT of bugs in WLM that will never be fixed either. MS just
doesn't fix bugs.

steve

Steve Cochran

Try going to Start | Search and type

regsvr32 ole32.dll

and

regsvr32 inetcomm.dll

and see if that makes any difference.

steve

Sam Hobbs

The experts around here say that "Microsoft fixes bugs in Windows Live
Mail". Are you disagreeing with that? If so, then you are saying that
Microsoft does not fix any bugs in Windows Live Mail.

Steve Cochran said:
There are a LOT of bugs in WLM that will never be fixed either. MS just
doesn't fix bugs.

steve

Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I was using WM without problems until one day, my inbox folders disappeared
and I was no longer able to print emails and web pages. On the emails, all
that would print was "Page 1 of 1", my name at the top (as usual) the "From,
To, Sent, Subject" and then the date at the bottom. I restored from my backup
and the inbox folders reappeared and I can print from the web, but the email
printing problem remains. I'm having to use a Yahoo Mail address to be able
to print any of my emails. Is there a way to fix this problem. I am new to
Windows Vista and Windows Mail.

I had uninstalled IE11 and had that problem. Re-installing IE 11 fixed it.

Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

"ldt" wrote:

> I was using WM without problems until one day, my inbox folders disappeared
> and I was no longer able to print emails and web pages. On the emails, all
> that would print was "Page 1 of 1", my name at the top (as usual) the "From,
> To, Sent, Subject" and then the date at the bottom. I restored from my backup
> and the inbox folders reappeared and I can print from the web, but the email
> printing problem remains. I'm having to use a Yahoo Mail address to be able
> to print any of my emails. Is there a way to fix this problem. I am new to
> Windows Vista and Windows Mail.
If you have uninstalled IE, try reinstalling IE 11, that worked for me.