    Going Crazy!!!
    Thanks,
    BARb

    babs, May 31, 2008

  2. babs

    John Inzer Guest

    babs wrote:
    > I seem to have the opposite problem usually posted. My slideshow -
    > video in MovieMaker works great in Movie Maker -saved as a video.
    > with the .wmv extension. When I tried to burn it onto a DVD it can't
    > or wont do it. So I downloaded a trial conversion software AVS Video
    > Converter (have to purchase it or get the logo throughout movie- any
    > other ones you suggest that are GOOD- Free and won't download a bunch
    > of JUNK. I ask it to convert it to a DVD file - there were other
    > choices like MP3, Mpeg, AVI - I will do any file type - just want to
    > know which one won't be blurry that I CAN Burn onto My DVD blank
    > Discs and PLAY on our TV.
    >
    > Going Crazy!!!
    > Thanks,
    > BARb

    ======================================
    (long message...keep scrolling)

    I would suggest that you save your Movie Maker
    project in the .avi format...

    To save as an .avi movie file...
    (and several other options)
    Type...Ctrl+P to open the Save Movie Wizard /
    Choose...My Computer /
    Next /
    Enter a Name and a Save Location /
    Next /
    Show More Choices /
    Other Settings /
    Open the drop window and choose...DV-AVI /
    Next /
    Wait while the movie is saved /
    Finish...

    Then download the following freebie and burn your DVD.

    DVD Flick
    http://www.dvdflick.net/

    ***Be sure to read the Guide***
    http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

    Good Luck...

    If you are still unhappy with the quality of the movie
    on your TV...you might want to look into Custom
    Profiles:

    Personally, I like the following .wmv profile
    when saving movies.
    SlideShow-1024x768WMV9

    Download from the following site...

    Movie Maker 2 - Saving
    Movies - Custom WMV Profiles
    http://tinyurl.com/s2vgu
    or...
    http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-SavingMovies-CustomProfiles.html

    Right click / Save as...drop it in the following folder:
    C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\Profiles folder

    More info:

    Creating Custom Profiles
    for Windows Movie Maker 2
    http://tinyurl.com/cuny7
    or...
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/expert/customprofile.mspx

    Even more info
    Windows Movie Maker
    Custom Export Formats
    http://tinyurl.com/dnylc
    or...
    http://www.jakeludington.com/project_studio/20050909_windows_movie_maker_custom_export_formats.html

    --

    John Inzer
    Digital Media MVP

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, May 31, 2008

  3. babs

    babs Guest

    John,

    I saved it as the DV-Avi file in the save movie wizard onto my external
    harddrive. I down loaded the DVD Flick and it often FREEZES UP?? when i try
    to burn it to a dvd it says the file is too large - it is only a 20 minute
    video with no bells and whistles. just songs pictures and transitions of
    curling up as the slides are introduced. Help.

    Any ideas on how I can get this to a DVD that I can view on the TV.

    Thanks,
    BARB

    babs, Jun 1, 2008
  4. babs

    John Inzer Guest

    babs wrote:
    > John,
    >
    > I saved it as the DV-Avi file in the save movie wizard onto my
    > external harddrive. I down loaded the DVD Flick and it often FREEZES
    > UP?? when i try to burn it to a dvd it says the file is too large -
    > it is only a 20 minute video with no bells and whistles. just songs
    > pictures and transitions of curling up as the slides are introduced.
    > Help.
    >
    > Any ideas on how I can get this to a DVD that I can view on the TV.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > BARB

    ======================================
    Sounds like you may have system resource issues.
    Maybe more RAM would help and maybe maintenance
    could help...Disk Cleanup, Error Checking, Defrag...

    Might be worth a try to create a smaller project and
    see if the issue persists. I'm guessing you did carefully
    read the DVD Flick Guide?

    Apparenty the file size of the .avi is causing the problem.
    Maybe saving the file in the .wmv format would produce
    a smaller file that would work better in DVD Flick. And
    you may have compatibility issues with DVD Flick...I
    really have no solution...I'm sorry.

    Good luck.

    --

    John Inzer