    Can I attach a bluetoothed laptop to this PC to also use the internet or
    does it have to attach to the main PC.?

    Thanks

    Karl, May 7, 2007

  2. Karl

    Conor Guest

    In article <>, Karl says...
    > This PC is wired to another PC which goes out to the internet.
    >
    > Can I attach a bluetoothed laptop to this PC to also use the internet or
    > does it have to attach to the main PC.?

    Buy a Wireless ADSL Modem router and do the job properly. Bluetooth has
    a range of a whopping 30ft which is drastically reduced by most things.

    --
    Conor

    until you hear them speak.........

    Conor, May 7, 2007

  3. Karl

    deKay Guest

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 7 May
    uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk Conor <>
    fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >Buy a Wireless ADSL Modem router and do the job properly. Bluetooth has
    >a range of a whopping 30ft which is drastically reduced by most things.

    Hardly worth doing if it's a temporary thing, though, is it? (not that he's
    said either way).

    Also, it depends which class of bluetooth device(s) he's using as to the range
    - there's three (one reaching 100m, in theory). And 30ft? That's out of my
    house and down the garden, so should be plenty if his machines are near to
    each other.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/

    deKay, May 7, 2007
  4. Karl

    deKay Guest

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 7 May
    uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Karl"
    <> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >This PC is wired to another PC which goes out to the internet.
    >
    >Can I attach a bluetoothed laptop to this PC to also use the internet

    Assuming you can tell your laptop to use the bluetooth connection for internet
    access, and can enable ICS on bluetooth on your PC, I can't see why not.

    deKay

    deKay, May 7, 2007
  5. Karl

    Karl Guest

    "deKay" <-gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 7

    May
    > 2007 12:20:50 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    > uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Karl"
    > <> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
    >
    > >This PC is wired to another PC which goes out to the internet.
    > >
    > >Can I attach a bluetoothed laptop to this PC to also use the internet

    > Assuming you can tell your laptop to use the bluetooth connection for

    internet
    > access, and can enable ICS on bluetooth on your PC, I can't see why not.
    >
    > deKay
    > --
    > Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    > Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
    > My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that
    > "Zomoniac is wrong"

    Thanks deKay for a sensible answer :blush:) it is only temperary as we will in
    the future go wireless, but at the mo I was just playing with the idea of
    using bluetooth on the laptop to access the internet.

    Karl, May 7, 2007
  6. Karl

    deKay Guest

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 7 May
    uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Karl"
    <> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >> Assuming you can tell your laptop to use the bluetooth connection for

    >internet
    >> access, and can enable ICS on bluetooth on your PC, I can't see why not.

    >Thanks deKay for a sensible answer :blush:) it is only temperary as we will in
    >the future go wireless, but at the mo I was just playing with the idea of
    >using bluetooth on the laptop to access the internet.

    Well, if it does work, be sure to report back!

    deKay

    deKay, May 7, 2007
  7. Karl

    Peter Pan Guest

    Karl wrote:
    > "deKay" <-gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des
    >> Mon, 7 May 2007 12:20:50 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    >> uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Karl"
    >> <> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
    >>
    >>> This PC is wired to another PC which goes out to the internet.
    >>>
    >>> Can I attach a bluetoothed laptop to this PC to also use the
    >>> internet

    >> Assuming you can tell your laptop to use the bluetooth connection
    >> for internet access, and can enable ICS on bluetooth on your PC, I
    >> can't see why not.
    >>
    >> deKay
    >> --
    >> Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    >> Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
    >> My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that
    >> "Zomoniac is wrong"

    > Thanks deKay for a sensible answer :blush:) it is only temperary as we
    > will in the future go wireless, but at the mo I was just playing with
    > the idea of using bluetooth on the laptop to access the internet.

    You may want to consider plan 'b'... I have both a wireless network AND an
    anycom ap-2002 (bluetooth AP) plugged into the router (linksys wrt54g) to
    give me BOTH wireless and bluetooth (why? Notebooks have wifi, but my PDA's
    only have Bluetooth, so I have it set so I (and customers in my office) can
    use both) Need details? try http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=105479 (not
    the best price, but they have a pretty good description.. for price check
    out http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=934028 about
    $69)

    Peter Pan, May 8, 2007