    Please help me in this regard.

    With regards,
    Ranga.

    Ranga, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Ranga

    KM Guest

    Ranga,

    As far as I know it is not there yet (not in SP1). However, things get changed in SP2.

    --
    KM,
    BSquare Corporation

    KM, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Ranga

    Ranga Guest

    Shall we componentise the BlueTooth Component in XPPro to XPe?

    Have anyone componentised it?

    Are there any guidelines for componentise the Bluetooth Driver Stack
    from XP pro to XPe?

    Please help me.

    Where will the SP2 be released?

    Thansk KM for your inputs.

    Ranga, Apr 25, 2004
  4. Ranga

    KM Guest

    Ranga,

    > Shall we componentise the BlueTooth Component in XPPro to XPe?

    If you need it immediately, the answer is Yes. I don't know, however, anything about the legal side of it (can you use XP Pro stuff
    that is not in XPE Repository in your image without additional licensing?).

    I don't think so. But check www.xpefiles.com.

    > Are there any guidelines for componentise the Bluetooth Driver Stack from XP pro to XPe?

    I haven't worked on that and therefore can't help you with it, sorry. My guess is that you should be pretty familiar with the
    BlueTooth stack implmented recently by MS for XP Pro.

    > Where will the SP2 be released?

    Here is a quote from Andy Allred [MS]: "The embedded team's goal is a 30 day delta from the full product when it RTMs, so about a
    month after XP-Pro SP2 ships.".
    MS will tell you the exact dates.

    KM, Apr 26, 2004
  5. Ranga

    Ranga Guest

    Hello,

    Can anyone from Microsoft confirm that BlueTooth stack is not
    supported in XPe SP1, till now.

    Will the support for Blue Tooth be provided as QFE? Could Any one
    Microsoft confirm this?

    Please help me in this regard.

    Thanks KM for your response.

    Ranga, Apr 27, 2004
  6. Ranga

    Ranga Guest

    Hello,

    Can anyone from Microsoft confirm that BlueTooth stack is not
    supported in XPe SP1, till now.

    Will the support for Blue Tooth be provided as QFE? Could Any one
    from Microsoft confirm this?

    Please help me in this regard.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Ranga.

    Ranga, Apr 29, 2004
  7. Ranga,

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/bluetooth/b
    luetooth/bluetooth_start_page.asp

    Have you tried this on Windows XP SP1?
    If it is working then you can make it work on XPe as well, I never used this
    sorry.

    Regards,
    Slobodan

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Have an opinion on the effectiveness of Microsoft Embedded newsgroups? Tell
    Microsoft!
    https://www.windowsembeddedeval.com/community/newsgroups
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\), Apr 29, 2004
  8. Ranga,

    Some very old chat from October 2002:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/chats/embedded/embedded_101502.asp

    Host Guest_Jon_MS
    Q: Will XPE have USB2, Firewire, Bluetooth support?

    Host Guest_Jon_MS
    A: We do support USB 2.0 and Firewire. Bluetooth will be supported in the
    near future.

    But if they did not implemented it in XPe by now, then you should do it
    yourself.

    Regards,
    Slobodan

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\), Apr 29, 2004
  9. Ranga

    KM Guest

    As I mention, SP2 will most likely have the component in it. Although MS
    plans are subject to change.

    Here is XP SP2 Bluetooth 1.1 announce:
    http://www.iamnotageek.com/articles.php?aid=9&page=1
    or here http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,113855,00.asp