Event ID: 1003

Date: 7/31/2006

Time: 6:01:32 PM

User: N/A

Computer: LAPTOPXP

Error code 000000f4, parameter1 00000003, parameter2 82019630, parameter3
820197a4, parameter4 805f9f88.

0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45

Jim Macklin

Run some HDD diagnostics, it could be the mobo or just the
drive, maybe even a cable.

"John Jay Smith" <-> wrote in message
|I get the following error on a laptop... I know the hard
disk is acting up
| and I am going to replace it..
|
| But I am wondering if it has to do with the HD controller
or something..

| I have KNOPPIX live dvd on the laptop now and its running
fine....

| but of course it does not use the hard disk...
|

| Event Type: Error
|
| Event Source: System Error
|
| Event Category: (102)
|
| Event ID: 1003
|
| Date: 7/31/2006
|
| Time: 6:01:32 PM
|
| User: N/A
|
| Computer: LAPTOPXP

| Error code 000000f4, parameter1 00000003, parameter2
82019630, parameter3
| 820197a4, parameter4 805f9f88.
|
| For more information, see Help and Support Center at
| http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

| 0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45

Code F4 is CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION, so this
does not look like disk or controller error
(but maybe some system files are corrupted )
Try to restore or reinstall Windows.

--PA

John Jay Smith

the disk has several problems.. I have checked it with many applications...

however I am not sure that it is the disk alone....