Windows XP Blue screen IRQL plus others

Reaction score
I bought a new Evesham pc in feb Pent 4 . 3.6 prescot. Mb msi 915P combo-fr (ms-7058) Bios Ami V.16BO.
I stated getting bsod on 31/3/05 and been having them ever since about 15 in all. Have kept details of them all a lot are duplications but most are the Irql not less or equal 0x000000A (0x80ED2FE8,0xoooooo2,0x0000001,0x804E7FA8.I have used ms debugging tools and have found the following
1. CMUDAX.sys
2.Rushtop.sys
3.current irql2 faulting ip nt + 1oefc 804e7e7c 8be0c Mov. edi (esi+0xc)
4 Savrt .sys
5.Symevent .sys
6.current irql 2 driver fault Mov. (edx+Eax) ecx

have sort some of them but am left with a blue screen most mornings normally the irql one.

Heat
The health check in bios shows cpu temp 82 at idol (rather hot) but in windows with everest its as follows
mb 35
cpu 35
gpu 43
hd (1&2)33
cooling: cpu fan 2200
nb 1278
under load ( using reg machinic)
cpu 79
fan speed 2596

During april had the engineer out (3 year on call) because of graphics card problem ( i guessed it was heat related it worked ok if the case was open and the room fan was blowing into it.
Engineer thought different and replaced mb but the put back orginal. graphics card replaced then he put back orginal.replaced cpu fan Graphics card still crashed machine until he put in case fan ( it didnt have any)
Engineer then decided to format the drive and reinstal windows BUT formatted the wrong drive instead of the correct one i now have windows xp on the c and d drives
Have subsequently installed 2 case fans. no more probd with graphics card.

Have done all the necessary virus and adware checks and all is clean.

Sorry about all of this i tried my best to avoid pestering anybody but its starting to get to me.
Do i just try and reinstal windows and hope for the best that the blue screens go away.
I am not sure about the tempertures i think i read somewhere that Prescotts run hot
Thanks

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hello Billy

This may be a memory error problem, normally when you get these sorts of errors popping up and BSOD's on a regular basis its the RAM memory thats at fault...only way to find out is if you can swap out your existing Ram and replace with another stick and test to see if system works without these errors popping up...

You could try just removing the Ram and reinserting again to see if that cures it (stranger things have happened)....;)

Other than that it sounds like the engineer has swapped out most of the other components...

Reaction score
hi crazy
i have already done that but i can try again. have run mem test over night and no errors.
thanks for replying

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i was going to suggest mem test but you've already done it, do you have 2 sticks ? try with just one and see what happens the try the other, then change the slot combinations about

Reaction score
Thanks me_2001
i do have 2 sticks and will try it. i was thinking of upgrading my memory from the Nanya ddr pc3200 (200mhz) 512 x2
To crucial DDR2 PC2-5300 DDR2-667 .
i have not heard of Nanya memory before. do you think this would help matters

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Billybeaker said:
Thanks me_2001
i do have 2 sticks and will try it. i was thinking of upgrading my memory from the Nanya ddr pc3200 (200mhz) 512 x2
To crucial DDR2 PC2-5300 DDR2-667 .
i have not heard of Nanya memory before. do you think this would help matters
Nope!

Nanya Original memory is one of the most reliable major original brands; their DDR RAM is very popular with system builders who require reliable, quality modules for their machines.

Call the engineer out again ... there is defiantly a big problem with your PC ... if they cannot 'fix' it, ask them to replace it or refund you your monies.

;)

Ask a Question