    though. It lists File and Folder Tasks, Other Places, and Details. I
    suppose someone thought this would be very helpful. I don't. Anyone know
    how to get rid of this? Thanks.

    Ken, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Ken

    M. Rajesh Guest

    hi,

    That is a part of the new look and feel of windows xp and
    is called the task bar. it shows u relevant commands that
    are common to the folder which you open. this can be
    turned off by switching to classic view. to do that click
    on tools | Folder options and choose classic view.

    regards
    M. Rajesh
    www.winxpsolution.com

    left side of my
    >Recycle Bin, Control Panel, My Computer and other

    windows. Not my Desktop,

    M. Rajesh, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Ken

    Ken Guest