    from downloading the video? I just want them to be able to watch it, and if
    they want a copy of it, they'll have to order it through my video guy. Is
    there any way to stop them from saving it? Thanks!

    Guest, Oct 22, 2005

    DI Guest

    How do I stop people from viewing my code or copying my pictures

    http://www.digitalmidget.com/help/noclick/index.php

    http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/web1/how_do_i_stop_downloading.htm

    http://www.jimcoaddins.com/protect.aspx

    DI, Oct 22, 2005

    p c Guest

    What file format is the video? If you stream it, you can prevent them
    from downloading it.

    http://www.mediacollege.com/video/streaming/overview.html

    ....PC

    p c, Oct 23, 2005

    DI Guest

    The entire file is saved on your computer (usually in a temporary folder)

    DI, Oct 23, 2005

    DI Guest

    Read and learn

    DI, Oct 23, 2005

    fido Guest

    On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 23:14:22 -0400, "DI" <please post@this
    newsgroup.com> wrote:

    >Read and learn
    >http://www.digitalmidget.com/help/noclick/index.php

    Coming at the problem from another direction, why not let these
    families download a short edited trailer video with sufficient
    highlights to persuade them to buy the real thing? Tell them the
    complete video is n minutes long and the file is way too big for
    downloading. (Assuming it is, of course, as it must be if you're
    hoping to charge money for it.) ;)

    fido

    fido, Oct 23, 2005

    p c Guest

    True. And like I said, if you stream it (the video-not a picture), you
    can prevent them from "downloading" it (the video file in format to
    reuse it on the their machine).

    This is how news and tv stations present their video clips. Soem people
    know how to capture straming video but the average user does not.

    ...PC

    p c, Oct 24, 2005

    Trevor L. Guest

    I have wondered about streaming. It seems to be what I could use, but how do
    you set it up?
    Is it dependent on your webste provider, or can anyone do it?

    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    Trevor L., Oct 24, 2005

    p c Guest

    Again, here's one overview of the options.

    http://www.mediacollege.com/video/streaming/overview.html

    Do a google search for jow to stream video.

    ...PC

    p c, Oct 24, 2005

    Trevor L. Guest

    p c wrote:
    > Again, here's one overview of the options.
    >
    > http://www.mediacollege.com/video/streaming/overview.html
    >
    > Do a google search for jow to stream video.
    >
    > ..PC
    >
    > Trevor L. wrote:
    >
    >> I have wondered about streaming. It seems to be what I could use,
    >> but how do you set it up?
    >> Is it dependent on your webste provider, or can anyone do it?

    I tried the method described here, and while it worked fine on my hard disk,
    it doesn't on the web
    The code is
    <object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B"
    width="320" height="250"
    codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
    <param name="src" value="images/carole-and-tammy.mov">
    <param name="autoplay" value="true">
    <param name="controller" value="false">
    <embed src="images/carole-and-tammy.mov"
    width="320" height="250"
    autoplay="true" controller="false"
    pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/">
    </embed>
    </object>

    Any ideas?

    Trevor L., Oct 24, 2005

    DI Guest

    Get the Windows Media Add-in from the links below and install it.
    Windows Media Player 9
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Family
    ID=98a35ced-f950-4bd8-8e96-adad9335ac77&displaylang=en

    Or

    Windows Media Player version 6.4
    http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/downloads/
    addin/searchdetail.asp?a=50