    object model (VB) and would like to extract the 'hidden' recipient(s) from
    such messages.

    Thanks

    Guest, Jan 15, 2005

  2. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:23:02 -0800, Gil wrote:

    > I have an Exchange Server and often get messages with a blank TO: field
    > delivered into the inboxes. Does anyone know Exchange is able to route these
    > messages if there are no recipients?

    The recipients were probably Bcc: recipients, which you won't have access
    to because they're not stored anywhere. Think of the message as arriving
    in an envelope that tells to whom it is to be delivered - the mail server
    extracts the message (which doesn't have the Bcc recipients in it) from the
    envelope and then throws the envelope away.

    --
    Jeff Stephenson
    Outlook Development

    Jeff Stephenson [MSFT], Jan 15, 2005

    Thanks so much for the reply. The info was very helpful.

    Does this hold true for a message the sending party addresses to a
    distribution list (ie. AA Mail List), and the Exchange Server knows to
    deliver to specific mailboxes? The only recipient I see in the message is the
    distribution list name (AA Mail List). Is there no way to extract the
    specific reciptioens from such a message?

    Guest, Jan 15, 2005
  4. On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:25:02 -0800, Gil wrote:

    > Does this hold true for a message the sending party addresses to a
    > distribution list (ie. AA Mail List), and the Exchange Server knows to
    > deliver to specific mailboxes? The only recipient I see in the message is the
    > distribution list name (AA Mail List). Is there no way to extract the
    > specific reciptioens from such a message?

    That information will not be in the message, either. However, if you have
    access to the address book in which that distribution list (DL) is defined,
    you can open the address book entry and read the recipients in the DL.

    --
    Jeff Stephenson
    Outlook Development

    Jeff Stephenson [MSFT], Jan 17, 2005