Blackjack game from old entertainment pack

Discussion in 'Windows XP Games' started by Vinny, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. Vinny

    Vinny Guest

    How can I install the Blackjack game from the Microsoft
    Entertainment Pack 4 in XP Professional?

    I copied the exe and the wep4util.dll from my old Win 98
    machine. I placed the dll in system32 and received a
    error message when I attempeted to run the program. I
    then placed it in system - same result.

    The error message said...
    "cannot load in the 16-bit windows subsystem"

    I really like this version of blackjack and would like to
    use it in XP Pro.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks in advance.

    Vinny, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Vinny

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Glad to be of service! :)

    "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message news:ugw$...
    | Hi Vinny,
    |
    | I hope this helps you get a Blackjack..
    |
    | Try creating a folder just for the game, and copying
    | the support files and the game exe into that folder and
    | then use Windows 98 compatibility mode to run it. :)
    |
    | --
    | Cheers,
    | Jimmy S.
    |
    | Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
    | Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
    | Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    | My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    | _________________________________________________________
    |
    | "Vinny" <> wrote in message
    | | How can I install the Blackjack game from the Microsoft
    | | Entertainment Pack 4 in XP Professional?
    | |
    | | I copied the exe and the wep4util.dll from my old Win 98
    | | machine. I placed the dll in system32 and received a
    | | error message when I attempeted to run the program. I
    | | then placed it in system - same result.
    | |
    | | The error message said...
    | | "cannot load in the 16-bit windows subsystem"
    | |
    | | I really like this version of blackjack and would like to
    | | use it in XP Pro.
    | |
    | | Can anyone help?
    | |