    Thanks!

    Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
    Visit : news://spacesst.com

    JF, Jun 30, 2009

  2. JF

    LVTravel Guest

    "JF" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I insert a video (.avi) on Power Point 03 and as soon as the video starts
    > end-up with a black screen on the video area but can still hear the
    > sound...
    >
    > I tried to put the movie directly on my C drive or in the same folder than
    > the presentation, it doesn't help.
    >
    > Any idea?
    > Thanks!

    Are you projecting or directly on the computer's video display? If
    projecting using a laptop and projector this is a known issue for some
    laptops. See:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0063.mspx

    If on the computer's monitor only, this could be an issue with codecs. An
    ..avi file is only a container for many different types of video files and
    the computer must have the proper decoder (codec) to enable the program to
    show the movie. Does the .avi file play using Windows Media Player? If not
    it is definitely a codec issue.

    I would recommend you convert the file to a .wmv (Windows Media Video) file
    before inserting into a PPT presentation. Since WMV is a standard file type
    available on all computers running Microsoft Windows (at least Win '98 &
    newer) you don't have to worry as much about if the file will play.

    LVTravel, Jun 30, 2009

  3. Have a look here and see if this doe not fix your problem.
    Videos play correctly on computer but not on projector (black box)
    http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00467.htm

    --
    Michael Koerner
    MS MVP - PowerPoint

    I insert a video (.avi) on Power Point 03 and as soon as the video starts I

    Michael Koerner, Jun 30, 2009
  4. JF

    JF Guest

    Windows uses software called "video drivers" to communicate with your
    computer's screen. If the video driver or its hardware aren't perfect, it can
    cause display problems, especially with software like PowerPoint, which
    really gives the display a good workout.

    If you're having display problems, there's a Windows setting that can help
    you track down the cause of the problem and temporarily work around it. It's
    called Graphics Hardware Acceleration. Here's how you use it:

    http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00129.htm

    JF, Jun 30, 2009
  5. JF

    LVTravel Guest

    "JF" <> wrote in message
    > Windows uses software called "video drivers" to communicate with your
    > computer's screen. If the video driver or its hardware aren't perfect, it
    > can
    > cause display problems, especially with software like PowerPoint, which
    > really gives the display a good workout.
    >
    > If you're having display problems, there's a Windows setting that can help
    > you track down the cause of the problem and temporarily work around it.
    > It's
    > called Graphics Hardware Acceleration. Here's how you use it:
    >
    > http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00129.htm
    >
    > "JF" wrote:
    >
    >> I insert a video (.avi) on Power Point 03 and as soon as the video starts
    >> end-up with a black screen on the video area but can still hear the
    >> sound...
    >>
    >> I tried to put the movie directly on my C drive or in the same folder
    >> than
    >> the presentation, it doesn't help.
    >>
    >> Any idea?
    >> Thanks!

    You are getting responses asking or pointing to using a projector for you
    ..AVI file. Please answer that question to allow us to narrow our responses
    to your first post. Is this happening only with a projector or is it
    happening with the computer's display?

    LVTravel, Jul 1, 2009
  6. JF

    IndyJEL Guest

    "Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

    > In article <>, Jf wrote:
    > > I insert a video (.avi) on Power Point 03 and as soon as the video starts I
    > > end-up with a black screen on the video area but can still hear the sound...
    > >
    > > I tried to put the movie directly on my C drive or in the same folder than
    > > the presentation, it doesn't help.

    > Have a look here:
    >
    > Videos play correctly on computer but not on projector (black box)
    > http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00467.htm
    >

    > ==============================
    > PPT Frequently Asked Questions
    > http://www.pptfaq.com/
    >
    > PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
    > http://www.pptools.com/

    PMFJI. I have a similar problem. I am running PPT 03 on an XP Tablet
    machine. I was trying the training video for including movie files, but when
    I get to the slide with Bee.mpg I can hear the bee buzzing, but the screen
    stays uniformly black. I have played with my graphics accelerator, from full
    to none, but to no effect.

    I can play bee.mpg directly with either Windows Media Player or with
    QuickTime, but not inside PPT.

    IndyJEL, Jul 4, 2009
  7. JF

    IndyJEL Guest

    "Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

    > In article <>, IndyJEL wrote:

    > > > Have a look here:
    > > >
    > > > Videos play correctly on computer but not on projector (black box)
    > > > http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00467.htm
    > > >

    > > > ==============================
    > > > PPT Frequently Asked Questions
    > > > http://www.pptfaq.com/
    > > >
    > > > PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
    > > > http://www.pptools.com/
    > > >

    > > PMFJI. I have a similar problem. I am running PPT 03 on an XP Tablet
    > > machine. I was trying the training video for including movie files, but when
    > > I get to the slide with Bee.mpg I can hear the bee buzzing, but the screen
    > > stays uniformly black. I have played with my graphics accelerator, from full
    > > to none, but to no effect.
    > >
    > > I can play bee.mpg directly with either Windows Media Player or with
    > > QuickTime, but not inside PPT.

    > Have you tried the other suggestions on that same FAQ page ?
    >
    > I'd start there.
    > ==============================
    > PPT Frequently Asked Questions
    > http://www.pptfaq.com/
    >
    > PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
    > http://www.pptools.com/

    Yes, Steve, I have. I played around with it for awhile and the problem
    appears to be with something in PowerPoint. I was editing from an existing
    PP presentation and in the existing PP the mpg won't play. I was editing
    from the training, and in that one the PP wouldn't work. But when I started
    with a completely new sheet, it would work. What gives with that??

    IndyJEL, Jul 5, 2009
  8. JF

    IndyJEL Guest

    "Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

    > In article <>, IndyJEL wrote:

    > > > Have you tried the other suggestions on that same FAQ page ?
    > > >
    > > > I'd start there.
    > > > ==============================
    > > > PPT Frequently Asked Questions
    > > > http://www.pptfaq.com/
    > > >
    > > > PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
    > > > http://www.pptools.com/
    > > >

    > > Yes, Steve, I have. I played around with it for awhile and the problem
    > > appears to be with something in PowerPoint. I was editing from an existing
    > > PP presentation and in the existing PP the mpg won't play. I was editing
    > > from the training, and in that one the PP wouldn't work. But when I started
    > > with a completely new sheet, it would work. What gives with that??

    > It could be any number of things, but try deleting and re-inserting the movie into the
    > problem file. See if that sorts it out.
    >
    > ==============================
    > PPT Frequently Asked Questions
    > http://www.pptfaq.com/
    >
    > PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
    > http://www.pptools.com/

    It only worked if I deleted everything back to (but not including) the
    design layout and then inserted the movie.

    IndyJEL

    IndyJEL, Jul 6, 2009
  9. JF

    kate59588

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    issues it could be:
    • codec problem - see if the avis run in the mci player (PowerPoint uses this to run videos, not Windows Media Player)
    • file path length problem - try moving ppt ad avi to the same folder directly on your C drive then reinsert the avi
    If it cant play,maybe you need recode it.

    kate59588, Apr 21, 2010