Bit of a shock yesterday

Reaction score
Yes Evan I rattle like a pill bottle when I walk. Couldent fault Maidstone Hostpital I had blood tests , angiogram and loads of othet tests, I can say that the treatment I recieved was first class:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Yes Evan I rattle like a pill bottle when I walk.

I am about to join you on that one. Just received a letter this morning to take to my Dr so he can prescribe some beta blockers and a GTN spray. Now just waiting for an appointment letter to go back for another angiogram. This one will be more intrusive as they will be injecting dye through an artery in my arm. Last one was just dye in to a vein. Off to Dr now to get him to explain the letter to me. Lots of big words in it I really don't understand. And using Google is pointless as that just comes up with more big words.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
@bootneck02 I am glad to hear that your making a steady recovery. The dogs are no doubt anxious to help keep their master fit, by agreeing to go for nice, long walkies with you. :D

@EvanDavis Wishing you the best, with your on-going tests. Hope your Dr is able to clarify everything for you; I think you are very wise to seek info directly from him. Google is good, but, some "medical" websites can be unnecessarily scary and cause a lot more worry. Good luck. :thumb:

Take care both of you, and all the very best. :nod:

Reaction score
Good luck at the doctors Evan, I will be thinking off you. Thanks for you for the love & simpathy TC.:thumb:

Last edited:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm impressed that you're feeling bad but still able to walk 6-8 miles each day with your dogs! I hope you continue to have a good recovery :)

Reaction score
I'm impressed that you're feeling bad but still able to walk 6-8 miles each day with your dogs! I hope you continue to have a good recovery :)

Yes but it knocks the stuffing out of me at the moment, but us old Royals have to crack on:lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... take a slightly shorter walk, 'till yous feel a lot better. I'm sure the dogs won't mind. ;-)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Could be the medication.

Try shorter walks and then build up again, slowly. :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
@bootneck02 How ae you feeling lately ? I started on some new medication on Monday Atorvastatin, Bisoprolol Fumate and Asprin and I am feeling like I have done 5 marathons in the last 3 days. I hoe this feeling goes. The plus side is having a Nitromin spray. It is a God send and settles the pain of an attack in seconds. Hope you are doing well.

Reaction score
Hi Evan sorry you feel like that but it will pass I promise just give it time. Some days I feel like a spring chicken but I have to temper that because I know I will feel bad the next day so it is gently, gently catche monkey and just do a little bit more each day but don't overdo it. Doctors warned me that it would take a month to feel back to normal again as the drugs have to kick in and you also to regain your strength. At the moment this is what I am on Sabutamol inhaler,Ventolin inhaler, Avamys nasal spray, Isosorbide mononite MR, Atorvastatin, Ramipril,Chemydur, Levothyroxine,Clopidogrel & Amiopipine.

Reaction score
Thanks TC for the kind thoughts, upwards and onwards you cannot keep an old Royal down.:nod:
:D:thumb:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Bit of an update on my part. Went in to Barts hospital today for an angiogram and an intravascular ultrasound and ended up walking out with two stents in my heart and a bucket load more medication to take. Bit scary and it still hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Reaction score
Glad to hear at least you are walking out Evan, health and age is a bit of a bugger it only seems yesterday I was as fit as a fiddle yomping with rifle and pack over the moors and now at 71 having to walk the dogs with a mobile phone and some stuff to squirt under my tongue in case I have another angina attack on a 3 mile amble with the dogs, and a load of pills morning and evening. Never mind the main is that we are still alive and kicking. Keep your chin up and keep breathing.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Bit of an update on my part. Went in to Barts hospital today for an angiogram and an intravascular ultrasound and ended up walking out with two stents in my heart and a bucket load more medication to take. Bit scary and it still hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Wow, that must have been a shock! Hope you're doing ok, it sounds like you're being looked after well.

Reaction score

Doctors advised me to keep up the walking as exercise is good as it helps to burn off the nasties in the blood that help to cause Angina:thumb::thumb::nod::nod:or something like that

Ask a Question