BIOS Update

Reaction score
Hey guys im just after your advice on this one.... I have always had the opinion that you shouldnt mess with the BIOS unless you really need to, i.e have a problem that it will fix but when browsing the dell site i found an update that is not just under the heading reccomended but is actually under the heading URGENT. It says the reason for the update

"Urgent Dell highly recommends applying this update as soon as possible. The update contains changes to improve the reliability and availability of your Dell system."

So if you were in my position should i install this?? Or as the system seems to be working fine at the minute just leave it alone?

If i did do it and it went wrong whats the worst case scenario?? And the chances of that.

Cheers Lee.

EDIT - Just to emphasise the point nearly all updates are classed as Optional or Recomended not many are classed as URGENT.

Cheers.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If it's urgent - do it.

Don't blame me if it all goes wrong :D

Only kidding.

I always update BIOS to latest, regardless of advice.

But that's just me.

Ask a Question