Best TFT Monitor for games and DVD

Reaction score
After many years of strong CRT support, i am now on the verge of bowing to the pressure of lower (sub-16ms) response times newer TFT's seem to offer and the possibility that they are good for games and DVD.

I have been considering an IIyama 17'' Prolite E431 and the Hitachi CML174SXWB. The hitachi is a little more expensive but boasts a faster response time of 12ms.

I've even considered the new Dell 20.1'' monster that is supposed to have a 16ms response time, but it's over £800 (unless I risk an Ebay purchase at around £600).

Anyone got any direct exeperience of any of these monitors?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad I caught this thread, I may be able to save you some £ ;)

I have been browsing the dell outlet site after bagging a sub £400 2.6HT P4 with 512 Ram, FX5200 graphics card, DVD/CDRW and a 17" Monitor (plus the usual stuff). If you order a monitor from there you must buy something from the outlet though (sometimes sub £100), you can get the 20.1" Dell monitor for £459 (not sure if that is with VAT?).

Dell 20" UltraSharp Analogue/Digital Flat Panel Monitor - NOW ONLY £459!

Dell 19" UltraSharp Analogue/Digital Flat Panel Monitor - NOW ONLY £329!

Dell 18" UltraSharp (HAS) Analogue/Digital Flat Panel Monitor - NOW ONLY £279!

With these monitor prices I am very tempted to pick one up!

I have heard that 16ms isn't always better than 25ms response times, because of the way that different companies measure things (I think there was an article at DansData.com). I can't remember the in's and out's, but it was saying to look at the "off to full on" response times in the advanced specs.

Ask a Question