    but it doesn't go away.

    Any suggestions?

    , Feb 17, 2005

  2. Either Microsoft Antispyware is failing to clean some portion of this bug
    because it is in use, or it is missing completely some startup item which is
    being left in place.

    For the first, restart in safe mode, and do a full, deep scan, preferably
    scanning until a scan comes through clean--perhaps 2 scans?

    If it returns after that operation, scouring the startup areas via the
    system explorer advanced tools is in order. You can block items whose
    provenance you may doubt. You won't endanger the operation of your system
    via this tool--it won't allow you to block essential startup items. You
    might be able to block a software firewall from starting--not sure about
    this, but it would be best to be cautious and disconnect the Internet while
    testing.
    --
    FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

    "" <> wrote in