BBC iplayer

Reaction score
Hi, I have down loaded a movie file from the iplayer.
It is in format 'MPEG-4 Movie'
I want to play this on my TV by transfering it to my Humax foxsat-HDR, which supports MPEG4 but the file is to large for a USB stick.
I tried to make a DVD using 'Cucusoft' but it dose not appear to support MPEG4.
Any help would be much appreciated, Terry

* Operating System: Windows XP

* Anti Virus Software : AVG Full

* Anti Spyware Software : AVG

* Connected to the net ADSL router

* Computer Specifications

Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation

Product Name DIM4500

Machine Type AT/AT COMPATIBLE

Windows XP Personal Service Pack 3

Security 128 bits

Windows Update's version number 7.2.6001.788

Workgroup MSHOME

Active Desktop Installed

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Windows Movie Maker (Part of Win XP) may be able to make a DVD from the mpeg4 file but I'm not sure, I've never used Windows Movie maker.

If not it may be able to convert the mpeg4 file to an mpeg2 file which Cucusoft (I've never heard of Cucusoft) may be able to make a DVD from.

I'm using Nero 8 and Pinnacle 10 to do that sort of stuff, plus a couple of programs from a company named Imtoo - DVD Burner and mpeg converter.

There is also free software available I expect, try looking at Softpedia; download.com and Sourceforge.

Reaction score
Hi floppy, Windows Movie Maker won't work with this file.
I went to Softpedia and downloaded a couple of programmes. The first 'AVS Video Converter' wanted a fee! The second FFD Show put a load of shortcuts on my PC but I could not 'run' the programme. I gave up.
I ran my Cucusoft programme which says it supports MPEG files and it told me to get a codec from the web. This I did and it downloaded '321 Media Player' which was also available on the 'Softpedia' site. This would not play the file either.
May be files from BBC iplayer have something about them so they can only be run with BBC iplayer?
I have sent the issue to 'Cucusoft' (an excellent programme for converting & burning up to now). If I get any info, I will let you know.
Thanks for your help, Terry

Ask a Question