Battlefield 3

Reaction score
can it really be this good ?

i like the knife bit ! a proper good stabbing unlike bops .....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Mate, i'm praying it will be great, cant help but think MW3 will be ****, proper ****. Dont forget its IW again, look what they did to MW2.... :/

Reaction score
it will be nice to have something to get our teeth into again ....

gotta dust off my joystick so i can rule the skies .... lol

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
:thumb:

I miss the chopper, must play some BC2 again soon.

Gave it a quick blast last night, not the same without squad mates on Mumble though. ;)

Reaction score
:thumb:

I miss the chopper, must play some BC2 again soon.

Gave it a quick blast last night, not the same without squad mates on Mumble though. ;)

ok i will come on tonight and babysit for you , while we play bc2 ..... ?

we must talk about a server for bf3 ?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Maybe, see how it is, lets take this to email. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So far it is confirmed that Battlefield 3 will have three modes: Conquest, Rush, and Team Deathmatch. Now DICE’s Patrick Soderlund has revealed that one of the much anticipated features in Battlefield 3 — jets — will only be available in the Conquest mode.

Soderlund’s reason was that only the Conquest game mode offered maps big enough to fit jets, which makes a lot of sense. The Rush mode maps are very linear where jets wouldn’t have much room nor much purpose, and Team Deathmatch is most likely an infantry-only game mode.

As previously confirmed, jets will be playable in the Battlefiled 3 singleplayer campaign.
http://bf3blog.com/2011/06/jets-will-only-be-available-in-conquest-mode/

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Battlefield 3 has 12-hour campaign - report

The campaign of 2011 FPS Battlefield 3 will be 12 hours long.

That's according to a new interview with Karl Magnus Troedsson, in which the DICE general manager says that BF3's tone will be less "humorous and slapstick" than Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Click to view larger image
When a journalist from Gameon.net asked Troedesson why DICE included a "lengthy, 12-hour single player campaign", the dev replied:

"First and foremost it's important to understand that every game we do in the Battlefield series is based around the multiplayer. I would argue that.

"Why do we need single-player? Why do we need co-op? Naturally, we want to introduce more people to our franchise and a lot of people don't want to jump straight into multiplayer. They want to feel around a bit and then they're ready to move over into online."

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...aign-report/?attr=CVG-General-RSS&cid=OTC-RSS

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Finch is older than this guy....! :p

Reaction score
I want this nooooooooooooooooow, it looks incredible.

What is conquest mode? I played BC2 and thought it was cr@p, and just like CoD. It didn't help that my computer was doing about 25fps the whole time though. I don't understand the need for different modes.

Definitely need a new PC though, wont' run on XP. I'll hold off until as late as possible so prices drop further, I was going to do it last week but then thought better of it. No need for it now.

Looks incredible. 64 player servers, jets, helicopters, tanks, APCs, jeeps. Phwoar.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Conquest is like Domination in CoD, keep control of the 3 flags. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thought i'd post this up, came from another forum, it details what you get if you pre order this from different retailers, as its a bit confusing at the moment....

Pre-Order Items

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand

0eg6S.png

All pre-orders get Battlefield 3: Back To Karkand, which is a themed expansion pack for Battlefield 3. Strike at Karkand, Wake Island, Gulf of Oman, and Sharqi Peninsula are the four maps included in Back to Karkand. All of the maps have been rebuilt from the ground up to work with the Frostbite 2 engine. Back to Karkand will also include iconic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles.
If you don't pre-order and miss out on Back to Karkand, you will be able to buy it separately for $14.99 later on (release date not yet announced). This expansion pack is not on the disc and is not available on the launch date of the base game. Everyone (those who got it free with their pre-order and those who buy it separately for $14.99) will be able to start playing Back to Karkand at the same date.

Physical Warfare Pack

tpltI.png

Physical Warfare Pack is a set of three time-based exclusive items and one early weapon unlock for Battlefield 3. You get get a Type 88 LMG with bipod, flash suppressor for the SKS sniper rifle, and armor piercing DAO-12 rounds. Day one access to the DAO-12 shotgun has also been announced. It is a time-based exclusive. If you do not pre-order Battlefield 3 at a retailer carrying the Physical Warfare Pack, don’t worry. The contents of the Physical Warfare Pack will be unlocked for free to all Battlefield 3 players later this year.

SPECACT Kit Upgrade

SPECACT Kit Upgrade is a set of 8 multiplayer skins, one for each class and side in Battlefield 3.

Dog Tag Pack

Dog tags in Battlefield 3 serve as your in-game signature, displayed on screen every time you defeat an enemy. You can also claim the dog tag of your enemies via skillful stealth knife takedowns. This pre-order exclusive pack gives you 10 unique dog tag designs to complement the standard range in the game.

Battlefield Play4Free Items

The Battlefield 3 Edition 870 Combat shotgun and the Battlefield 3 Beret. Not only will these help customize your in-game avatar, you’ll also be able to get up-close and personal, devastating the competition with the business end of one of the most effective close-quarter weapons in history.[/INDENT]So that's what the different pre-order exclusives contain, now to see which UK Retailers have which Pre-Order features...

OcUK
Back To Karkand

Game
Back To Karkand
Physical Warfare Pack

Origin
Back To Karkand
Physical Warfare Pack
Battlefield Play4Free Items
Beta 48hr Early Access

Play
Back To Karkand
Dog Tags

Amazon
Back To Karkand
Specact Kit

Gameplay
Back To Karkand
Physical Warfare Pack

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
There are a number of pre-order offers for Battlefield 3 available. Some countries have already announced their offers, while others will follow. Check with your favorite retailer/digital download service to see what offers they have available.

By mid-August, you should be able to find all of these items where they are supposed to be available. Here is what they all are and how to get them. We have also attached a handy FAQ on the Open Beta for Battlefield 3 at the bottom of this post.

BREAKDOWN OF ALL PRE-ORDER ITEMS FOR BATTLEFIELD 3
Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand
What it is: An entire themed expansion pack the size of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam.
Where to get: You will be eligible to download this expansion pack (once it is released) if you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition at Origin or at any retailer all over the world.
Available: The release date of Back to Karkand is not yet announced. This expansion pack is not on the disc and is not available on the launch date of the base game. Everyone (pre-orderers and those who buy it separately) will be able to start playing Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at the same date.
Cost: At no extra charge with every pre-order of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition. You will be able to buy it separately for $14,99 if you don't pre-order (release date not yet announced).
More info: In this blog post.

Physical Warfare Pack
What it is: A set of three time-based exclusive items and one early weapon unlock for Battlefield 3.
Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin or at select retailers all over the world.
Available: Day 1 if you pre-order. You will get access to this content at no extra charge at a later date if you don't pre-order (date to be announced)
Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order at Origin and select retailers.

SPECACT Kit Upgrade
What it is: A set of 8 multiplayer skins, one for each class and side in Battlefield 3.
Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.
Available: Day 1.
Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order at select retailers.

Dog Tag Pack
What it is: A set of 10 unique in-game dog tags to choose from. Dog tags in Battlefield 3 serve as your in-game signature, displayed on screen every time you defeat an enemy. You can also claim the dog tag of your enemies via skillful stealth knife takedowns. This pre-order exclusive pack gives you 10 unique dog tag designs to complement the standard range in the game.
Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.

What it is: Battlefield 3 gear for your console avatar.

Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free
What it is: An 870S shotgun and a beret for in-game use in our play-for-free title Battlefield Play4Free.
Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin.
Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order on Origin.

48 Hour Early Access to the Open Beta
What it is: A 2 day (48 hours) early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta starting in September 2011.
Where to get: By pre-ordering the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin or by being a first-hand Medal of Honor: Limited Edition or Medal of Honor: Tier 1 Edition player.
Available: 48 hours before the Open Beta goes public for everyone.

FAQ on the Open Beta
How early is early access?
Early access to the Open Beta is 48 hours before the public is allowed to enter.

How will my early access to the Open Beta be delivered if I am eligible?
This will be communicated later. Stay tuned.

Who can participate in the Open Beta?
The Battlefield 3 Open Beta will be available to all, on all platforms, in September.

Can I get early access to the Open Beta by pre-ordering Battlefield 3 on Origin?
Yes, if you pre-order the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin. This will also entitle you to the pre-order items Physical Warfare Pack plus the Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free -- see above.

I bought Medal of Honor Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition and was promised entry to the Battlefield 3 Beta -- is that a different Beta than the Open Beta just announced?
No, it is the same Open Beta, but as a first-hand buyer of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will have 48 hours early access.

What if I bought Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition as a digital download -- do I still get early access to the Open Beta?
Yes.

What are the exact dates for the Open Beta?
The exact dates for the Open Beta will be announced later.

What if I pre-ordered the digital download version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin before they announced the early access to the Open Beta -- do I still get this early access?
Yes.

Source: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/Default.aspx##

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What has already been disclosed by GameStop has now been confirmed by EA: Battlefield 3 will not be distributed on Valve’s Steam. While close to every other digital distribution platform on Earth will see the game distributed, the spat between Steam and EA seems to be growing larger.
EA had previously seen several titles removed from Steam including Dragon Age II and Crysis 2. While EA has stated their intention to continue working with Valve on distributing for the 30 million plus users, the exclusion of BF3 could mean a widening rift in relations.
When Dragon Age II was removed, EA said the following: "Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to sell downloadable content. No other download service has adopted this practice. Consequently some of our games have been removed by Steam. We hope to work out an agreement to keep our games on Steam.”
It would appear that games that do not release extra content on Steam pose a problem. Perhaps EA could not reach a deal for distribution of DLC such as Back to Karkand or anything beyond.
http://www.industrygamers.com/news/electronic-arts-confirms-no-steam-for-battlefield-3/

:(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Now that's a bit of a pain... I really love Steam and would happily buy every game from them - but it's going to be a pain if we need to use a wide selection of game download platforms :(. I suppose it may introduce competition and lower prices in the long run, but I'll probably buy a standalone version of BF 3 instead.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah its a pain in the ass no doubt, i'm going to hold out for a Steam copy, just incase that isn't correct as i dont think its official from EA yet, but look at what happened with Crysis 2, Dragon Ages etc.... :/

Looks like we will need to have Origin installed...... Which i dont like, Steam has all my game friends on, all my games on it and it way better than Origin ever will be... EA suck my balls.

BTW, anyone here get access to the Alpha they did over the last week or so? I didn't... :(

Ask a Question