Battlefield 2

jaxx

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
Anyone into BF2?

This is my main haunt at the minute, if anyone fancies going into battle

Reaction score
ive only played demo, and can only play at minimum spec and get a pretty crap fps, but going by the demo it is a good game

many others on here have this game, so ask them :p

Reaction score
Aah, Battlefield 2 was the first game to trouble my 6800gt. Even if you have a 256mb graphics card AND a gig of RAM it seems to want more - in fact I think this is currently the only game that really likes 2 gig of system RAM.

Still, try running FEAR if you think this one is bloodthirsty ;)

jaxx

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
i agree the min specs stated are 512mb! thats no where near enough, i ran a gig and it still struggled when the going was tough, boosted to 2 gigs and it runs sweet

ive played FEAR a bit, dont think its THAT heavy, my old machine waltzed it and the new one just eats through it

only thing slowing me down now is the IDE drives! SATA RAID is next on the list :D

Reaction score
i got the demo of fear too, and with 1gb of ram & 256mb gfx card it gave ne about 20fps. so i gave up, because once the bad guys came on the screen get 0fps and the game crashes.

Reaction score
jaxx said:
ive played FEAR a bit, dont think its THAT heavy, my old machine waltzed it and the new one just eats through it

You waltzed through FEAR? Are you sure your card actually supported the effects that make FEAR so challenging? I've heard Radeon users who are like 'Well I get 60fps in Doom3' - yeah, thats because you've been playing it with SM3 and various other effects that make it what it is, turned off!

POTGUY - I wouldn't judge your FEAR performance by the demo - it was really un-optimised. After buying the proper product I got about 40fps instead of 25ish, which is okay.

Reaction score
tomsega said:
POTGUY - I wouldn't judge your FEAR performance by the demo - it was really un-optimised. After buying the proper product I got about 40fps instead of 25ish, which is okay.

ok ok dont bite me head off :D

i just didnt want to waste £30 getting a game that i cant run properly

im gonna get it at christmas anyway, along with bf2 & maybe quake 4 when i have a new comp

Reaction score
I have an Intel 3.0 GHz with 2MB cache , an Intel 945 PVS Mainboard, 1GB Kingston Ram, and a 6600 GeForce VGA (Leadtech), and i played all the games that has already been mentioned ( Battelfield 2 , Fear, Sniper Elite, Doom3) with the highest graphics quality , and found no problem.

You better change your PCs.
:)

Ask a Question