Batman Arkham Knight

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Has anyone got this on PC? Its been pulled from sale for PC due to so many issues. Really bad show from Iron Galaxy (they were incharge of the porting from console not Rocksteady)

UPDATE 26TH JUNE 9AM BST: Batman: Arkham Knight creator Rocksteady has pledged its best engineers to the job of fixing the PC version, as one would hope. The PC version of Arkham Knight was - optimised might be the wrong word - tailored by Iron Galaxy.

"Totally supported decision to suspend PC version," Rocksteady co-founder and Batman: Arkham Knight game director Sefton Hill tweeted. "We have our best engineers at Rocksteady working like crazy to help fix the issues ASAP."

Nevertheless, the game remains suspended from sale and the issues unresolved.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-25-warner-suspends-batman-arkham-knight-pc-sales

Batman: Arkham Knight was released across Xbox One, PS4, and PC on Monday, and nobody could have predicted the backlash the game got within hours from PC gamers. The game is locked at 30fps, regularly drops down to 10fps, and even suffers major slow down in the menu system.

Gamers who haven’t already requested a refund are patiently waiting for a patch to solve the issues. However, that could take some time. And now we know how bad the situation is because publisher Warner Bros. has suspended further sales of Arkham Knight on PC. They are even suggesting you ask for a refund if you can’t wait for the issues to be resolved.

In a post on the Warner Bros. Games’ forums, community admin Yorick explains that sales are being suspended, “while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards.” That’s fine, but anyone reading that statement will instantly wonder what happened to the quality checks before the game was released on PC. Clearly, they just did not happen.

The game’s problems go beyond just poor performance, though. Eurogamer’s Digital Foundry team did a thorough review of the game and found it to be missing many of the visual effects found in the console versions. They also state removing the 30fps lock doesn’t do much, even if you turn all the visual settings that are available down to their minimum levels and run on a high end system.

So the recommendation remains not to buy Batman: Arkham Knighton PC, and Warner Bros. has now ensured that can’t happen. How long will it take to fix the issues? It could be weeks, although I’m sure it’s the number one priority internally due to the negative PR storm this has created.
http://www.geek.com/games/batman-ar...-publisher-suggests-you-get-a-refund-1626234/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not got it, but I've got a couple of friends that bought it. It's pretty terrible when a PC game is pulled one day after release! I wonder what the steam refunds looked like!

It just shows how refunds for digital content were really needed when you have games like this being released :eek:.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I looked at it out of interest and was quite shocked at all the negative feedback it received, I couldn't find one favourable review.

I'm not overkeen on the Rocksteady Game Engine used for the Batman games anyhow, I have the first three, got stuck about 9% into the first one; Got lost in the 2nd one (although the Harley Quinn DLC was good) and gave up and I bought the third one in a sale, got it dead cheap, but haven't even tried it yet.

I also recently bought Shadow Of Mordor (same game engine or similar) in a sale on Steam and absolutely hated it. It was difficult, fiddly, unresponsive and had a stupidly complicated key mapping and play system.

I sure know how to waste my money sometimes :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So this has been rereleased on Steam now.

Its clearly still ****ed. No SLI support and 12GB RAM recommended!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. No.

Hi everyone! I’m going to jump in and help out Yorick as a second pair of eyes and ears for you all.

With the game now available for sale, I wanted to provide a status update since the release of the September patch.

As we confirmed earlier today, the PC version of the game now supports all add-on content that has been released thus far for console. The configurations for this content are being updated now and we expect everything to be available in the next few hours. We’ll confirm when this process is completed.

We are still working with our GPU partners to add full support for SLI and Crossfire. In addition, we are working with these partners to address stability issues on certain cards related to the latest drivers.

After extensive testing, a hard drive paging issue with some GPUs on Windows 7 may occur after extended gameplay sessions. If you encounter this, simply re-launching the game will resolve the issue.

For Windows 10 users, we’ve found that having at least 12GB of system RAM on a PC allows the game to operate without paging and provides a smoother gameplay experience.

UPDATE: We became aware of an issue with the Season Pass DLC content where it was not being downloaded automatically. We've recently resolved this issue with help from Valve, and everyone should be receiving their Season Pass content now.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596358926236?2

Ask a Question