Windows XP BAD_POOL_CALLER 0x000000c2 (0x00000043, 0xE0E44000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Reaction score
Hi

Please can you help, my wifes computer came up with this error message following a reboot after the latest update downloaded from AVG.

It downloaded the AVG update as normal and then asked to reboot which I did as normal and then i got BAD_POOL_CALLER 0x000000c2 (0x00000043, 0xE0E44000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000), I have tried to boot up in safe mode, no joy, i have tried to repair XP with the Dell discs provided with the computer, no joy, I have spent all day trying to find the answer but again no joy!!

Please help before i throw the computer out of the window!!#

Thanks

Simon

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

This Stop message is typically due to a faulty driver or software.

Possible Resolutions:

# A Stop 0xC2 messages might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

# A Stop 0xC2 messages might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (such as disk controllers, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

# If you encounter a Stop 0xC2 message while upgrading to Windows XP, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates.

http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html

good luck, make sure you open the window first ;)

Ask a Question